Home Buying in Phoenix>Question Details

muffy152, Home Buyer in Las Vegas, NV

Hi,I am looking to buy a vacation home somewhere in phoenix or surrounding area. I would like a home that

Asked by muffy152, Las Vegas, NV Tue Jun 17, 2008

is near a popular golf course. my price range is fairly wide open, anywhere from 400k to 1.5million, are there any popular/ up and coming golf communities at the moment with bargain prices?

Answers

26
Muffy, my suggestion would be to look for something in Desert Ridge in North Phoenix (Wildfire Golf Club), or DC Ranch or Grayhawk in North Scottsdale. The Troon area in North Scottsdale will also have some very nice golf properties. If you check out our website you can search mls on your own or I can send you some properties that meet your needs. Let me know if I can help.

Rick Dobbles
Realty Executives
I just got a listing in Anthem Country Club. It is an amazing home that is being liquidated and it seems to be a perfect match for you. Please see the link below and let me know if you have any questions.

http://armlslistings.marketlinx.com/SearchDetail/Scripts/Prt…

http://www.SmartAZReatly.com
RealtorCarlos@Gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 1, 2008
Wow, what a great question. I was just at a custom home that backs up to Arizona Country Club which is on the border of Phoenix and Scottsdale. Great home for the empty nester that doesn't want to maintain a pool, although the builder would gladly add one, if that's also what you are looking for. And the owner/builder is looking to sell this fine home for very close to his actual cost: ~$1.0M

In DC Ranch and Greyhawk, in North Scottsdale, there are a number of foreclosure and pre-foreclosure homes that would work well, in and around DC Ranch golf course and/or the 2 Greyhawk golf courses.

And that's just to name a couple of places to start. Terravita, Ancala, and my favorite golf course in the Valley, Legend Trail, all offer quality golf course living opportunities, to name but a few more. Plus the price declines we've seen across the Valley are equally reflected in those communities as well.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 17, 2008
Hi, I am Victoria Cuomo with Realty One Group in Scottsdale and Paradise Valley area, looking forward to helping you find the right home with the best views. Another area up north called Estancia is a great popular gated community you would love with views of the valley. You are welcome to sign into my website to find your perfect golf course too. http://www.victoriacuomo.com Please contact me by a call, text or email me the square footage, how many bedrooms, garages etc. and I can then send you the right search for your perfect "Sunny Arizona Dream Home" My best wishes for you. Victoria
Arizona has more golf course properties than a lot of other states because of our dry 'SUNNY ARIZONA" weather.
Hi, my name is Linda Salkow and I am a Realtor in the Scottsdale area. You mentioned golf in your question. Have you ever heard of the community called Desert Mountain? It has 6 private courses, 5 restaurants, fitness, tennis, swimming pools, etc. As a full time Realtor and someone who has lived in Desert Mountain for over 12 years, I can say this is a golfers paradise. Once you purchase a home in Desert Mountain, all of these amenities are inclusive. There are many homes under the 1.5M range that all include the full membership. If you have time, please go to my website, http://www.lindasalkow.com.
If you go to the header you will see GOLF COMMUNITIES. Click on that, then scroll down to Desert Mountain. You can view ALL homes for sale in each community. Please contact me if you will be coming to Scottsdale soon. The best LOCATION is a must not only for now but for future resale. Hope to hear back from you soon. Best regards, Linda Salkow-Exclusive Properties of AZ 480-620-3511
Web Reference: http://www.lindasalkow.com
When are you planning on coming to Arizona to view properties? There have been alot of responses to your email that I am sure you are considering....but please keep in mind that until you actually arrive here and have viewed the areas, the location will be your most popular choice. I do have a Golf Villa at Troon north in Scottsdale that is priced at $577,000 and can be viewed from my website at http://www.VictoriaCuomo.com. You can also search on my website for additional properties. The only way you will find that you do have a 'good bargain' is the day that you write an offer and get the deal made. I also have a home for sale in DC Ranch that isn't on the market yet, but will be in the next 30 days, perhaps when you are here to make a choice. Good luck to you in finding your bargain...but more importantly in finding the perfect place that suits your needs as well.
You are describing hundreds of homes....................Many deals out there on or near golf courses............Scottsdale or Carefree would be my choice in your price range.............they have the best upside potential, offer the most open and clean air, and the best choices..............

search terms like" Scottsdale Carefree Luxury golf homes"

john Lynch RE/MAX Fine Properties
Web Reference: http://www.scottsprop.com
I have a great home listed on the Monutment golf course at Troon North in Scottsale AZ, in a cul-de-sac, and gated community. It is a single level, 4 bdrms, 3 baths, formal living room, dining room, huge kitchen with all nice cabinets and granite, stainless steel appliances all stay, open to break fast room and family room with gas fireplace & 3 car garage. It is currently listed at $1,245,000 and was just reduced by $50,000. Please go to my website and check it out and see the photos.
Web Reference: http://www.karenweston.com
I HAVE A NICE NICE HOUSE FOR SALE NEAR THE AWARD WINNING VERRADO COMMUNITY THAT HAS AN AWARD WINNING GOLF COURSE. MY HOUSE IS CUSTOM, SITS ON 1 ACRE, FULLY LANDSCAPED, AND IS NOW BRAND NEW INSIDE AND OUT. WE LIVED THERE FOR 9 YRS, MOVED TO BE CLOSER TO THE ELEM. SCHOOL, AND TOTALLY REDID THE HOUSE< AND WILL BE LISTING IT FOR SALE SHORTLY. WE ARE GOING TO ASK SOMEWHERE AROUND 300,000... WHAT A STEAL IN THIS MARKET!!! LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, AND WE CAN SKIP ALL THE REALTOR FEES! THX
Hello Again,

I live on a golf course myself and if the home on Vaquero Drive does not work. Private golf clubs in Scottsdale are DC Ranch, Desert Highlands, Gainey, Estancia, Ancala, Pinnacle Peak Golf Club, Silverleaf at DC Ranch and Desert Mountain which has 7 golf courses to choose from and is the golf mecca of the area. Public golf course is Grayhawk, Troon, Keirland, Phoenician, Sanctuary, Legend Trails are some of the course in the Scottsdale area. Please feel free to visit my website to view more. I would love to send you properties please let me know. Michelle Quackenbush, Re/Max Fine Properties at 480-585-5959 or remaxq@mindspring.com
Hello Muffy,

I have a listing which you can view at the link below. It is in the Gainey Ranch area near Gainey Golf Course. If you have any other questions please let me know.
We are about to list our luxury home! We have not listed it yet. It's a 6 bedroom, 7 bathroom, 4 fireplaces and on and on. It's a full chef kitchen with a 2nd kitchenette on the 3rd floor. The Pool is an $83,000 pool and the home is fully landscaped. We have done tons and tons and tons of work to this house in upgrades with crown moulding and additional upgrades. You can email me at trinaclement@yahoo.com if your interested for pictures. It's a very luxurious home and near several golf courses within an easy driving area. Asking price if listed will be about $1 Mil for the 6,924 sq ft home, outside courtyard with gas fireplace and so on. People walk into this home and ask us if we have ever been on some show called the cribs? Anyway, it's an eye pleaser!
Muffy,
There are bargains everywhere in this Valley. We have approximately 225 golf courses in throughout the Valley of the Sun.
Grayhawk is an excellent golf community with 2 18 hole championship golf courses with everything from condos to large single family homes. Prices range from $250,000- $2.5 million, with lots of product in the $500,000-$800,000 range.
Do you prefer condos or homes? Would you like me to send you some listings?
Catherine Kolodin, GRI
Dear Home Buyer there are Plenty of modern golf courses in southern Nevada with spectacular views, Las Vegas is becoming an international golf destination. We have pleanty of vacation homes near popular golf courses. The Revere at Anthem: Rio Secco in Seven hills. The Ridges. Canyon Gate , Summerland Siena, Red Rock Country Club, Peccoli Ranch, Stallion Mountain Country club ...
These are a few of Las Vegas Golf Home Communities.
Legend Trail in North Scottsdale is a great location. If you wanted to rent the home on a pat time vacation basis the market is very strong.
Web Reference: http://homedreamsaz.com
In my opinion when you are buying a vacation home you want to be near the top entertainment and dinning destinations, most people would consider that to be Scottsdale/N Phoenix. With that in mind my recommendations are:

Homes from $800K+
Desert Mountain or Troon

Homes from $400K-$800K
Terravita or Legend Trail

AJ
Muffy, I am home owner of beautiful home in N E Mesa, This home is in a great neighborhood on acre lots, built in 1998, has some recent upgrades, beautiful large pool, 5400 square feet, 10 foot ceiling basement, custom cabinetry. View this home at 3763 E. Oasis Cir. Mesa, AZ 85215. I would make you a great deal on it. This home is not a short sale or forclosure (with all the mess that comes with that), it is just a great deal. Call for more information. 480-654-4036 Wendy
Since Phoenix and Las Vegas have such similar weather I have to ask why a vacation home here? I live here but I have my vacation home in Santa Barbara, CA. I could help get you into a nice home in Santa Barbara and you would be delighted with the area, weather, culture and all.

If you are set on the Greater Phoenix market, I'd have to agree with Tammy. Do a bit of research on top golf courses; come down here and play for a week; find a course you like and choose a residential golf community based on what you are really coming here for... play!!

If you don't find a course you like in the first week, repeat the process until you do. We have enough courses you could make a career and write a book about the experience.
Web Reference: http://www.urbanteamaz.com
Muffy -

Many of the posters have provided you with good recommendations.

Here is a link to a website which highlights the top 10 golf courses in various areas around the valley.

As an avid golfer myself, I know I like to get a feel for the layout of a course.

http://www.golflink.com/golf-courses/state.asp?state=AZ

There are so many great courses in Arizona I am sure you will enjoy!

Tammy
Hi - Another really great area in Arizona is DC Ranch which is in the north Scottsdale area. There are some really nice new properties and resale that would fit into your price range, with the opportunity right now of buying right as well. Also this area is very well known for the golf community and it has a wonderful synergy in their neighborhoods. It doesn't matter what age you are, this area is HOT....and is in your price range. If you want me to send you any of the properties by email, let me know....great homes, great prices, great designs and awesome views! Hope this helps you! You can email me at VictoriaCuomo@cox.net or search on my web site as well. All the best, Victoria
Hi, looks like you're getting lots of good responses. Your price range is so varied, that it might be difficult to narrow down; however, on my site, I have specific links TO golf properties and golf lots located in many areas. Depending on your age range - a 55+, there is a wonderful community with reasonable prices in east Mesa. Beautiful golf courses (3), and close to the 60 and the 202. Another wonderful area is Gold Canyon. Perhaps with your price range, you'd prefer to be in Scottsdale or North Phoenix, but Gold Canyon is a beautiful area to have a second home with mountain and golf views. There is a Lyle Anderson private course there as well as Sidewinder and Dinasour.....hope this helps. ;-)
Hi Muffy,

I'd also suggest looking into Desert Mountain! Absolutely beaufitul golf course area with a wide range of price points and unique and distinctive homes. I'm taking a client of mine through there next week.

If you go to my MLS search page below you can do a map based search (see aerial views of the homes and courses) to zoom in on homes in the golf course communities, see what homes actually back up to the course etc...it's a great way to search!

Let me know how I can be of additional assistance.

Joe

http://www.joejanus.com/Search_MLS_Listings/page_1834631.html
Web Reference: http://www.JoeJanus.com
Here are a few East Valley options- Seville Golf and Country Club located in Gilbert- private course, waterpark, fitness center. Homes from 250k and up to 2 mil for custom homes.

Encanterra- Is a new master-planned golf community in Queen Creek- if you are looking for new construction.

Trilogy at Power Ranch (55+ community) located in Gilbert. Sun Lakes is another older (55+) community.

Ocotillo in Chandler is also a beautiful area.

There are a lot of choices Valley wide and many foreclosure options as well.
As you are probably aware the Greater Phoenix area in general is a prime destination for golfers. On both ends of your range you are going to find many great choices. On the lower end you are going to find popular choices in cities like Avondale, Goodyear, Chandler, Phoenix, etc. On the higher end you will find prime properties on more upscale areas mainly located in Scottsdale, Fountain Hills and Paradise Valley.

The good thing is that on this market you can find great bargains in every corner. The best way to determine what you are looking for is to see some of the properties available per area and price range so you can determine what better fits your needs. On that price range the type of property and area will vary greatly.

If you wish I can send you some properties so you can have a better idea of what you can get for your money on each area. In general, if you can afford it Scottsdale is probably the most popular location in the area; in addition to golf it has many other attractions that make it a great destination. You should be able to find good golf communities in Scottsdale starting at around $500k.

RealtorCarlos@Gmail.com
A really nice golf community is Vistancia in Peoria, which is in the Northwest valley. Vistancia is divided into: Trilogy at Vistancia, a 55+ gated community with golf course, Vistancia Village, no age restrictions, and Blackstone, the gated country club section with golf course. There community is under 5 years old so new homes are still being built, and the entire area is very up and coming. Prices of homes fall right in your price range and you will get more home for your money than many other areas.
I specialize in Vistancia and can answer any questions you may have about this great community. Visit our website to view listings and see pictures.

Andy