Home Buying in Miami Beach>Question Details

John, Home Buyer in Miami Beach, FL

Hi I am looking to buy a house between 1 and 5m but I can't choose a location between Coral Gables and Miami Beach. Which is better?

Asked by John, Miami Beach, FL Sat Sep 29, 2012

Answers

23
Coral gables or Coconut Grove is the best. It's a quiet neighbohood and you are not far from the nightlife of South Beach. Feel free to contact me for advice.

http://www.MiamiApartmentsAndHomes.com
4 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2012
John,
Both neighborhoods are terrific in their own ways, but they have very different characters. It's clearly a personal decision as to which area is "best". Coral Gables is picturesque and prestigious, and the single family homes in most Miami Beach neighborhoods, especially South Beach, are beautifully located and in high demand. Having lived in both areas, I personally prefer being North of downtown (I find the traffic to be overbearing South of downtown), and enjoy being close to the beaches, even just to view them while out and about. There are excellent private and public school options close to both areas, if that's of concern. From purely an investment perspective, my vote is cast for the SoBe island neighborhoods (Hibiscus/Palm and Venetian)... heavy demand and limited supply. You can still find a very luxurious home for under $5M, and all of Miami is moments away.

I am happy to assist you, if you aren't already working with a buyer's agent who is not looking out for a seller client's position, but has as top priority pursuing and protecting your interests.
Chris Jenkins
Keller Williams Miami Beach
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 29, 2012
By far the best response on here. I agree the traffic is such a difficult aspect of life one must cope with South of downtown. Purchasing in any of the Miami Beach Islands is a great decision.
Flag Sun Sep 30, 2012
I have lived on South Beach for 25 yrs, so I'm a bit biased. Choosing between the Gables and Miami Beach requires you to narrow down what type of life you are looking to have. The "crime" numbers related in one of the responses are misleading. Most "crime" on Miami Beach is related to visitors to the City being careless about basic personal safety. I walk to and from my car at night after eating at local restaurants and never give it a second thought, although 20 yrs ago that would not have been the case.

Miami Beach, especially the area south of 41st Street, is very much a live and let live community which is rich in its diversity both economically and culturally. It feels a lot like a small town whereas the Gables is a bit more formal and a little less cohesive. South Beach is very close to downtown and the airport whereas the Gables is not quite so convenient. Neighborhoods on South Beach differ - Palm, Hibiscus and Star are very different from the Venetians, which are very different from Bay Road or Pinetree. So you have to decide what kind of a life you want to live and which culture is more appealing to you. Both areas have positives for someone looking to relocate. For me, that neighborhood feel was important, so I chose South Beach and live on Palm Island where we have a lovely public park with tennis courts, a playground and handball courts - I needed to be close to the airport and to I 95 for work and it has been a perfect choice for me. People walk their dogs every night, neighbors know one another, and kids can still ride their bikes in the street. We have retirees, younger families, singles and celebrities. That was important to me, to have that diversity.
Hello John,
I have experience on both areas. Coral Gables is more family oriented than Miami Beach. On the other hand Miami Beach is closer to Ocean and there are more activities in Miami Beach area.
Coral Gables has better schools, and less crime rates comparing to Miami Beach.
Annual Crime rate per 1K in Coral Gables 2.12
Annual Crime rate per 1K in Miami Beach 9.97

There are some safe neighbourhood close to Miami Beach like Bal Harbour. Please contact me at 954.3056424 or selda@miamirealestateinc.com for more information.

Best Regards
Selda KIRKAN
http://miamirealestateinc.com
http://rluxury.com
Hi John

Both areas has the pros and cons. You should look at both so see which one you offer you what fits you better, what gives you more for your money and you feel more comfortable with...
Call me Renata Santos . Prudential Florida realty. 305.528-7366 http://www.renatasantosrealty.com
Hi John,
I think you should just call the agent that you feel like who will have your best interest at hand, and whom will serve you the best.

Tamika Moses
Kellr Williams Realty Partners SW
954-404-4646
tmrealtor@yahoo.com
http://flapropertiesbytmoses.kwrealty.com/
Hi john
Forget the rest,come to the best call me
305 300 8540

Anthony K
akhourirealtor@att.net
We highly recommend Miami Beach. For our listings view our website below.
Miami Beach is actually closer to the city and the values continually increase. We specialize in homes in this price range. The Venetian Islands would be an excellent neighborhood.
Choose Miami Beach. I've been renting there for about a year and I can't wait to buy a small condo!
John,

There are many factors to consider when purchasing a home. However, with such a broad price range, there is going to be a big variance in the type of home you look at that is on the market for $1M - $5M. Depending on your style of living, there are going to many different options for you in both the Coral Gables market area as well as Miami Beach.

Feel free to contact me and I will be more than glad to answer any and all questions you may have. Have a great day.

Luis Iglesias
D & I International Realty
Principal Broker
(786) 395-0341
luis@luisiglesias.net http://www.luisiglesias.net
I focus on your question. Coral Gables. Far enough and close enough from South Beach.

Jose Guzman
http://www.MiamiApartmentsAndHomes.com
You're either having fun with this or you truly need to sit down with a local expert and have a complete consultation.

Looking to buy a house between $1M and $5M is like looking to buy a car that would cost between $10,000 and $50,000.

Can you think of a few ways a $10,000 car may be different to a $50,000 car?

Similarly, there are likely to be great differences between a $1M house and a $5M house.

In the end, once you sat and drove the $50,000 car, do you believe (assuming money is no objection), you will end up with the $10,000 car or is it possible you will be lured by the added luxury of the $50,000 car? Perhaps. It will all depend on a number of factors ranging to your perception of owning a used car, a type of brand and whether you need to impress yourself or anyone else while driving it.

Similarly, after you've walked through a $1M house and then a $5M house, do you think there may be some perceived and real differences perhaps to include the area, the size, the amenities, its features, it's quality, and again, even the way you feel as you see yourself living in one vs the other and the impression that makes in your and your friend's psyche? Will you and/or they be impressed more with one vs the other?

Again, that will also depend on many factors, including the cost to keep up with one vs the other, and whether your discretionary funds used to purchase one vs the other is more or less depleted.

What else would you do with $4M or will you just want the $5M house after all?

These and other questions should be explored during your consultation. Don't be shy. True experts like myself will gladly sit with you and help you sort it all out.

Who knows, in the end, you may end up really indulging your well deserved self - guilt-free.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 30, 2012
Good Evening John,

As answered by some of my fellow realtors, the price range does appear to be a broad range which can make a big difference in what is available. Depending on your preferences both Coral Gables and the beach have many possibilities. Depending on the features and amenities you want in a home that too will factor in. My suggestion would be to find a Realtor that you can work with and discuss in detail what you are looking for in a home and the agent can assist in going through the information and help with the pros and cons of each area. Good luck with your search. If you have any additional questions please feel to contact me.

Lila Lopez
Homesbylila@yahoo.com
(305) 772- 2521
hi John,
i'm happy to guide you through the process in order to pick a suitable home for you. please contact me anytime to discuss these options. by phone: 305-519-5397 or email: farid@miamilifestyle.com
Hi John,

For that price range, you really great options:

If you chose Miami Beach,, the area South of Fifth street has become one of Miami Beach's most high end area if you're looking to purchase a condo.

If you're thinking about purchasing a house, Palm Island and Hibiscus Island have beautiful homes on the water.
Sunset Islands and Bay Road also have amazing houses for sale.

And Finally, Bay Road, which have gorgeous homes as well.

I am located in Miami Beach, feel free to call me if you would like to see any properties for sale.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

ENGEL & VÖLKERS
Sophie Bamps
Real Estate Agent
Cell: +1 305 206 8867
Fax: +1 305 443 2226
sophie.bamps@engelvoelkers.com
http://www.engelvoelkers.com/us/miami
1 - 5 m ? Big difference.. many options. I would narrow down the amount you are prepared to spend before deciding on an area . Its a personal choice but im going to tell you hands down Miami Beach for many reasons. If your serious about purchasing and interested in knowing more contact me.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 29, 2012
Feel free to give me a call to discuss further Cell. 7486.356.4400
Thank you

Ysabel Sanabria

Ysa@miamihomeBUYsell.com
Cell. 786.356.4400
http://www.miamihomeBUYsell.com
Florida Capital Realty
Hi John:

Coral Gables would be my choice, it is more classy.

Perry

http://www.trulia.com/blog/perry_mistry
Hi John,

Both locations are very good in their own style.
If you have a minute and want to communicate direct with me, please do so as there are several factors to discuss.

Mercedes
Mercedes Henze
Realtor Associate
CLHMS - BPO
305 205 4214 cell
mercedesscott@earthlink.net
Fax 1 866 213 5785
Beachfront Realty Inc.
517 Arthur Godfrey Rd
Miami Beach-Fl-33140
Hello John,
Miami Beach is a great place to live with wonderfull magnet and private schools nearby. I have some great luxury homes listed if you're interested in viewing. Would also be happy to work with you.

Tara West
Tara West Luxury Properties
http://www.tarawestpropperties.com
cell: 305-926-8223
email: tarawest100@gmail.com
Hi John
Coral gables would be more prestigious ,I have some real beautiful home I would love to show I
Please give me a call at 305 300 8540 an we can set up an appointment

Thank You
Anthony Khouri
Miami beach is lovely to live as most homes are located on the water. Coral Gables has homes that are avaliable overlooking Biscayne Bay, and this area is also very family oreiented. You can check out my website and register and setup a alerts to email you avaliable homes within both areas. Both areas have great restaurants, parks, stores, and just a overall great quality of life. If you have a family I suggest Coral Gables, which has great schools. Miami Beach you can find that as well so if I were you I would look at homes in both areas and look at the surroundings so you can judge for yourself what is right for you. etc. traffic.. Look forward to hearing from you.

Tamika Moses
Keller Williams Realty Partners SW
954-404-4646
tmrealtor@yahoo.com