Home Buying in Woodlawn>Question Details

prhsb9961, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

Hi, I am looking at a property in Woodlawn for investment purposes. The address is 6427 South Saint Lawrence. What do you think would be a fair price?

Asked by prhsb9961, Chicago, IL Mon Sep 9, 2013

Answers

8
This property sold in 2010. It is not currently listed on MLS. How are you searching for investment properties? Websites like Truulia, Zillow, and Realtor.com are not the best sources for up to the minute market data. It would be best to hire a real estate broker to assist you in acquiring the right property.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 10, 2013
You need to make this assessment with your broker based on the condition of the home and other factors. We can't give you a price over the Internet. If you plan to buy investment properties, you need to assemble a trusted team of a broker, attorney and financial advisor to make the best decisions.
Dear Investment Property Buyer,

Make sure you work with a broker that actually know the area you want to invest in.
The Location of the building and the Condition of the building will determine its value. Work with a Realtor and go and view the building in order to determine a fair market value.
Ask your realtor or Hire me and I'll tell you. I do not see it for sale on MLS. It sold in 2009 for 23,000
If you are working with an agent, they can prepare a comparative market analysis of the property. If you are not, find an area specialist and they will do that for you. Be sure to get a home inspection if you enter into a purchase contract.
Ask your real estate broker. That's what he or she is supposed to help you determine.
I would love to help. Do you currently have an agent? If not we can set up a time to sit down and discuss what you need and what would be a fair price for the property you are inquiring about.