Home Buying in Somers Point>Question Details

Debbi(pa), Both Buyer and Seller in 08247

Hi - I am interested in downsizing and moving closer to O.C. Somers Point? Linwood? Just looking for suggestions about the better neighborhoolds

Asked by Debbi(pa), 08247 Mon Jan 4, 2010

and the taxes. Also, are there any beaches where one can sunbath or swim? Thanks.

Answers

9
Hi Debbi,

The lowest taxes will be in Somers Point, and there is a small beach area on the bay there. It is also the most affordably priced area out of the ones you are asking about. It is a nice quaint village setting. Linwood is a nice area, a bit higher in price, and closer to route 322 heading towards Atlantic City. Ocean City has some fair prices, depending on where the home is located in proximity to the ocean. The question I ask is what price range are you looking at? This will help to determine which area is best suited for you. All of these towns are very nice to live in.

I would be happy to email you homes that may interest you. Please call or email me anytime to discuss further. Take care,

Debbie Bathen
Realtor/Associate
RE/MAX Community
cell: 856-404-3074
email: debbiebathen@remax.net
Web Reference: http://www.debbiebathen.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 4, 2010
Here is a great blog on downsizing, you should give it a read! It may help you out with your downsizing.
There are some great deals in Atlantic City, and with the new Revel Casino the night life has never been better!! The city is also being rehabbed into a better city if your looking to make a profit on your investment. Buying the right property here in the city may increase in value while those other suburban neighborhoods are continuing to decline.
Just checking back with you! I will be happy to give you an update on market conditions. Give me a call!

Joanne Bernardini
Sales Associate
Certified Short Sale Agent
One Atlantic Ave.
Ocean City, NJ 08226
ofc. 609-398-5454
C 609-200-1321
Thank you, Joanne, I appreciate the information. Unfortunately, I have a home to sell first and as you know -- the latest stats are not promising. Hopefully better times are coming...
Somers Point is a great town and has many very reasonably priced homes for someone wishing to downsize. It has a charming one block beach for swimming and sunbathing on the bay. On Friday Night's it has great music concerts on the beach that are free!
You don't mention schools but both Somers Point and Linwood are good. Each has an elementary and middlle school of their own but both use the same High School- Mainland Regional. Of the two, Linwood schools are more desired. In either town you are just a short drive to Ocean City's 7 miles of beaches and beautiful Boardwalk. I would welcome the opportunity to help you find a home in any of these three towns!
Joanne Bernardini
Keller Williams Realty- Oceanside
609-947-2451
Debbi,
In Somers Point, Linwood and Northfield you will pay the highest taxes because the school system has a very high rating. The lowest tax base will be in Ocean City and of course the beaches are right there. The best neighborhood is in Linwood in the gold coast area where the homes are well over $500k. I need to know more about what type of property you want to help you. Call me. I live in Somers Point and know the area well. Look forward to hearing from you.

Michele Acito
609-289-6935
Balsley Losco Real Estate
email: mmacitobl@gmail.com
Northfield is just as close and you may find better deals on some homes there.
Hi Debbi,
There are lovely neighborhoods with reasonable taxes throughout Atlantic County. Are schools a concern for you? How close do you want to be to the beach and Ocean City? What size home are you looking for. Taxes are not only based on neighborhoods but also home size.

There are many affordable properties in Somers Point, Linwood and Ocean City. We have a beautiful 3 bedroom condo for sale on Groveland Avenue that is new construction. I'd be happy to send you more information about that property and can also send you other wonderful homes if you send me your email.

Wishing you a happy and healthy New Year!