Home Buying in Atlanta>Question Details

Driftwood, Other/Just Looking in Atlanta, GA

Hi,I am interested in buying a home in the Mableton area. I was told this would be convenient to airport(I am a flight attendant) as well as

Asked by Driftwood, Atlanta, GA Wed Jun 30, 2010

downtown. I have a 6 yr. old daughter so schools are a big concern. I also want a friendly and safe community. Does anyone have any info. on area or opinions?

Answers

14
Hi Driftwood,

I wanted to follow up and see if you felt your question was answered here - or are you as confused as ever?! About 50 percent of the agents, myself included, are suggesting that while Mableton is conveniently located to the airport, there are better schools in nearby neighborhood options in the same county - Cobb, that are just as convenient if not more so. As a 30 plus year resident of Atlanta, and a broker/owner for 10 years, I assure you there are better options for your specific needs. If you still need help, I would be happy to assist you.

The Wise Buyer Program provides over $5000 worth of free home structural and major systems analysis in addition to top buyer representation. There is nothing else like it - with this system, you know what you are buying Before you submit an offer. That approach has significant benefits - for more information, see the site below.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Robert Whitfield
Broker/Owner - Realtor
ICC Code Certified Building Inspection Expert
Advantage Realtors
678-585-9691
877-787-7167
Mableton is a great area and it is very central to downtown and the airport. It will be very convienient place to live because you can take camp creep parkway directly in the Airport. The location is ideal for a flight attendant. The schools are also very good. I would love to assist you with your real estate needs. Rayford & Co, 770-431-7458
Hello Driftwood, Mableton is an up and coming area - in the right locations. There is a fairly new ampitheatre, and plans for a "Market Village type area" like the one in Smyrna. That was put on hold due to the economic downturn and not sure of the plans now. I used to live in Mableton right on the Smyrna line, and have friends that live in Mableton in same location. It's very nice there and people love Mableton Elementary. I have an agent that lives in Mableton and is also a real estate appraiser so has a good grasp on locations and values. Let me know if you would like her info and I can give to you. Please also check out current mortgage rates at http://www.current-mortgage-rates.net and fha rates at http://www.fha-rates-today.com
If you have $1500, I have a downpayment and closing cost grant program that will allow you buy at least a $200K home - there are other programs as well. I can help you quickly determine if Mableton is the best area for you, or if there are other better alternatives. The Wise Buyer Program provides up to $5000 worth of free home structural evaluations - there is nothing else like it. You can continue to let this post build, or you can contact me if you really want to get the ball rolling on a great home...

Robert Whitfield
Broker/Owner - Realtor
Advantage Realtors
Greetings,
Take a look at this updated home for sale in the Peyton Forest Subdivision on the West Side of Atlanta.

10 miles from the Airport (you don't have to touch the interstates). http://www.470harlanrd.z57websites.com/

This is a motivated seller and the property is in a beautiful established neighborhood.

Good Luck,
Driftwood,

There are quite a few housing and location options available for you

First things first when buying a home.

1. Find a good buyers agent that will help you get on the right track with the following steps.

a. Financing (getting pre-qualified with a reputable lender who takes their job and client seriously)
b. Timeline to determine your plan of action so you can move in your new home with ease.
c. Specify your criteria for the type of home, neighborhood, schools, & commute you're looking for.
d. Negotiation of the best deal possible
e. Assist you with inspections, utility connections, homowners insurance, and scheduling your closing.

Contact me and we can get started as soon as you are ready!

James Dudley
ERA Sunrise Realty
678-781-7418
Driftwood:
Mableton is an area that is in transition. It is very close to downtown and no more than a 30 min. ride to the Air Port. It's mostly older housing but there has been quite a bit of re-gentrafercation going on. Some of the older homes and sections are being updated to meet today's standards. FHA has a loan program that allows you to purchase a home needing some upgrading or repairs. It's called a 203K Mortgage. This type of mortgage might be attractive to you if you find something that needs a little help or you can take a perfect home and make it your home.
Garrett Feis
404-925-7163
Hello Driftwood. Mableton is a great place to live. I have lived in Mableton for 7 years and there are excellent Title 1 schools in the area ( Mableton Elementary and Floyd Middle). There are other areas of town that could possibly work for your needs however it sounds like you are kinda set on Mableton and I don't blame you. From the low properties taxes to subperb private and charter schools to the great location with proximity to all that big city has to offer but none of its headaches like crime, high taxes and horrible traffic. Buckhead, Sandy Springs and Duwoody are all nice areas but tend to have older more expensive housing and tons of congestion. The west side of town will have considerably less traffic and you will get a lot more for your dollar. You'd be hard pressed to find new construction homes for sell priced under 200k in gated communities in any of those places. Best of luck to you on your home search. Feel free to visit my website where you can search 24 hours a day for free (no registration needed) the entire MLS database at www . Got Mableton . com
Web Reference: http://www.GotMableton.com
Driftwood,

Mableton is convenient to the airport but there are other areas too that you might like more... especially if you have a daughter.

There's a community that is so special, it's unlike anything else this close to Atlanta.
The homes are efficient and Earth friendly and every home is near a park (several in the neighborhood).

There are pools, tennis, a gym, basketball, bocce, dog parks and activities that happen every week including summer camp, tennis camp and soccer camp.

To make it even better.... cable, internet and phone are included in your HOAs.

I live there and love it, it's the best investment I've made and I can't imagine ever moving again.
You can call, text or e-mail me 24/7....
--
Tony Teixeira
770-851-5050 (CELL)
404-478-8512 (E-FAX)
tonysellsatlanta@gmail.com
tony@muffleyhomes.com

Muffley & Associates
Top 5% ABR 2004-2009, #1 KW ATL team 2006-2010 (YTD)
#1 KW team Southeast Region 2009-2010 (YTD)
ABR, CRS, E-Pro, CDPE, RCC
http://www.muffleyhomes.com
Web Reference: http://muffleyhomes.com
Hi Driftwood,

my wife is a Delta flight attendant. We have a straight 30 mins no traffic commute from South Douglas County to the airport. South Douglas Elementary is an award winning school saving us from sending our kids to private school. House prices are lower than the rest of the Metro area. Dana and I cover West Ga into Sandy Springs where our office is located, so we are familiar with all the areas you are looking at. Our Children are 7 and 9.
You can call Dana direct at 770-364-9284 to talk with her and she can answer any other questions or concerns you may have.
Web Reference: http://PaulandDanaSells.com
Hi Driftwod,

Mableton is convenient to the airport and I have sold homes there as well as represented buyers there, however, while there are many attractive and safe communities, it can be a challange to find good schools for your daughter if you don't know which schools are good and which schools feed which neighborhoods. Smyrna, also in Cobb county is a good option as well. There are closer locations on the south side but southside schools, except for Fayette county are not that good at all compared to Cobb county and the Northside. A lot will depend on your ideal price range and other factors. Please contact me at 678-585-9691 to discuss your needs and I can help you.

Robert Whitfield
Broker/Owner - Realtor
Advantage Realtors
678-585-9691
Mableton is a unique community and may be considered convenient to Hartsfield, Driftwood, but it will be about a 20 mile, 30-35 minute, one way (see web reference) commute. The time. of course, depends on where you actually start, traffic conditions, time of day and whether the schools are in session or not. Having grown up near the airport, I can assure you that there are many more options and much more convenient locales which you might also want to consider; some being a 5 to 10 mile commute, with a 10-15 minute travel time. Please let me know if I may help further. In whatever you ultimately decide, Good Luck!

Michael Hammond
SellsRealty@gmail.com
404-538-5499

http://www.SellsRealty.org
Depending on exacting where you live in Mableton, you can get to the airport in 15-20 mins. I live in the area myself and like its proximity to the airport, downtown, and Buckhead.

I would be more than happy to share my experience with you as well as providing you some additional info. Give me a call in the morning at 678-612-6353 and I can share with you what I know about this area as well as other areas of interest to you.

Art Fuller
Solid Source Realty
678-612-6353
Mableton is not that close to the airport. What is your budget for your home? As a mother myself, I would suggest living in Atlanta-in the Buckhead area because it has good school system, a friendly and safe neighborhood, and also a great place for entertainment for you as well. It is also not that far from the airport.