Home Buying in USA>Question Details

deborahzoe.t…, Home Buyer in Minneapolis, MN

Hi, I am from Singapore would like to buy a property for investment in America. How should I go about doing so?

Asked by deborahzoe.tan, Minneapolis, MN Tue Aug 13, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in USA

Answers

4
It is important that foreigner buyers have an agent to represent their interest and help them find the most favorable terms. There are many laws, guidelines and tax issues that need to be addressed when a foreign national buys property in the US.
Contact Globenet Realty to speak to an experienced real estate professional today. 714.988.8399. Or visit http://www.lovemyloan.com for a ridiculous easy-qualify, low mortgage rate loan and you're done.
If paying cash you are fine, if however you were hoping to get a loan FHA required you to be a citizen, have a green card, or perhaps some sort of work Visa in order to qualify for a loan in the US. You'd have to speak to a lender.
If cash, you should check out the Birmingham Alabama Metro area ;).

Best of luck!

Aaron Sims
aaron@jaaronsims.com
Do you have people you already know and trust here in the area you want to buy in? (It looks like Minneapolis, MN?) If so, ask them for their agent recommendations. You'll want someone familiar with the area as well as rules for foreign investors.

Keep in mind there are special tax implications for non-US investors. You may benefit from reading the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) documents about it.
Best place to start is to hire an Exclusive Buyer Agent to represent you. EBAs represent home buyers only, and work to get you the best price and most favorable terms. You can go to NAEBA.org for a referral to an EBA in your area.

I'm an EBA and I wrote a book called "Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You". It will be the best $6 you've ever spent.

Best of luck!