Home Buying in Cos Cob>Question Details

Movinback, Real Estate Pro in Fairfield, CT

Hi. How long does it take to drive from cos cob, ct to greenwich, ct during rush hour ie. 7am during the

Asked by Movinback, Fairfield, CT Thu May 21, 2009

Hi. How long does it take to drive from cos cob, ct to greenwich, ct during rush hour ie. 7am during the week

if you miss your train in cos cob? Is this even a feasible plan? Thanks and ps is there parking at that time?

Answers

6
Susan Detchon Anderson’s answer
I love this question bec. it conjures up the visual of me grabbing my coffee at Starbucks (in Cos Cob-where everybody knows your name) and racing to the train, just to see it pull out. Now there are two choices: 1)if you have a parking pass for CC, just stay and wait for the next express (20 min) or, 2) drive 4min down 95 to train and hope the local girl scout league is boarding the train in Greenwich with 12 crates of cookies to sell.
The facts: it's 4-5min to drive from CC to G; if you commute you'd have a parking pass for one station's lot, or the other. If you don't have a pass, stealth parking in G can be a challenge-doable, but a challenge.
If you like I'llsend you the train schedules, but at 7am there are so many expresses and 39 min to Grand Central is average. A sprint at the NY end could make up the time lost.and be good exercise!
Come back soon, prices are great at all levels.
Susan
Web Reference: http://www.susanderson.com
I read another answer and I see why you are checking out from Cos Cob to Greenwich.....only IF you miss your train in Cos Cob??? I don't think you can outrun the MTA!

Sorry I did not include my home office telephone number which is 203-622-9205 and my e mail address is elizabethschwendeman@yahoo.com....please feel free to request an interview or just more info on Cos Cob!
Elizabeth Leonardo Schwendeman...Roger Ludlow alumni and Stratfield School!
I drive from Cognewaugh and Old Camp Lane to Field Point Road and Putnam in about 20 min. using either Stanwich to High School to Post Road to going in the back way around Julian Curtis onto E. Elm or coming down Stanwich to cross over on Hill to North St. down to Putnam then my office at Weichert Capitol Properties on Field Point Road.

If you have a parking permit or if you don't at the very least you can park at the day parking lot just prior to station for about a 6 minute trot....if you did not have a yearly permit, it would cost about $5 in a special "parking ticket" last I heard.

I did not understand your second paragraph "if you miss your train in cos cob?..." are you saying you would take a train to Greenwich from Cos Cob? ?

If you would like help and are interviewing agents, please give me a call....I was partially raised in Fairfield, went to Roger Ludlow, loved the beach but wait til you see (if you haven't yet) Tod's Point!!! I went to Stratfield Elementary..

Propbably cheaper and healthier to ride a bike depending on where you are in Cos Cob! My daughter used to bike it from Cognewaugh and Old Camp Lane to volunteer at Greenwich Hospital.
For more information regarding parking at the Cos Cob Metro North Station, check out the following link:

http://as0.mta.info/mnr/stations/station_detail.cfm?key=220
Cos Cob is one exit from downtown Greenwich, which in rush hour takes approximately 5-6 minutes. (3 during off hours) If I've missed the train from Cos Cob, I often hop onto 95 and catch the express from Greenwich. Remember that the trains run about every 30 min. The Cos Cob/Riverside/Old Greenwich schedule dove tails with the Greenwich schedule. Some become the express to Grand Central (1st stop 125th st) and others continue on as locals. If you work on the west side, going 5 min up to Stamford and taking Amtrak is another option. Parking in Greenwich and Cos Cob train lots is regulated by obtaining a permit sticker for each location. Cos Cob's sticker is less expensive.
Call or email if you have any other questions. I live in Cos Cob and love being able to get into the city easily and quickly anytime I want!
Susan Detchon Anderson-Coldwell Banker- 203 536 7116
Actually Cos Cob CT is a section of Greenwich CT. At 7 am the drive would be about 5 mins depending on which road you take. As for parking there are some parking lots off Main Street which you could leave your car for a longer peroid. The meter parking on the main street is only for a short peroid of time. At 7am I would think that you would be able to find a spot. Any questions you have about Greenwich I be happy to answer them for you. You can reach me at 203.895.4171.
Donna Katz
Weichert Capital Properties & Estates
191 Main Street
Westport, CT 06880
203.895.4171 cel
dkatz@weichert.com
Web Reference: http://donnakatzhomes.com