Home Buying in San Diego>Question Details

Katherine, Home Buyer in San Diego County, CA

Hi, High Rise Condo in San Diego, CA

Asked by Katherine, San Diego County, CA Mon Aug 13, 2012

sorry again I'm new to this. I posted a question about high rise condo in San Diego, CA early this morning, but I cant seem to find if I got any answer. Can anyone point me to the right direction ?

Answers

19
Monica & David Stone Team’s answer
Hi Katherine,

You might want to go to http://www.GreaterGoodRealty.com and click on the icon that says "Search By Building" along the right side of the home page.

This will list every condo downtown and enable you to search for active listings by building.

In addition, there is about 20 videos of various buildings as well as floor plans too.

Any questions, feel free to contact me.

David Stone
Greater Good Realty
619-206-1551
David@GreaterGoodRealty.com

CA DRE#01888818
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 14, 2012
Hi Katherine,

We would need the address of the property to best give you an answer.

Best to you,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
Serving Greater San Diego
Hi Katherine:

I am representing a buyer in Smart Corner right now who is going VA. They are almost sold out and just changed thier prices for final blow out but have eliminated thier incentives. There is a unit in there myself that I absolutely love with a million dollar view if it fits your price. I'd be happy to discuss with you. Timing is everything and there are few units left and yes it does help you to have an agent representing you. I've saved my client several thousand dollars. I have a few loan officers who can assist you on that project and the builder also has a loan officer.

Cordially,

Alexander Pfleger
Direct Capital & Real Estate Investments
858-483-4687
Katherine,

The right direction is to buy now. We have no idea what the interest rates will be in 2013. Give me a call, lets also talk about financing,

Basically, the banks are lending anywhere between 33 to 55 debt to income ratio. Basically, if you make $10,000 a month, they want for your monthly payment to be 3333 to 5555. With rentals, it is a little more complex because they will take 70% of your gross rent. I am sure my lending team will love working on your transaction.

Because you mentioned 'shore duty' I want to recommend Coronado as well. The views from the Coronado Shores are amazing (Pacific Ocean or San Diego Bay + Coronado Bridge), and Coronado living is beyond awesome.

Lets talk,

Hector R. Gastelum
Realty Executives Dillon
REALTOR #01382940
1019 Isabella
Coronado, CA 92118
hectorgastelum@yahoo.com
619-954-2225
125*142*10754
efax 619-270-2516
Not a problem. Take care!
Hi Katherine,

Call me if you have any questions regarding property questions and information. Contact my lender for questions regarding a loan.

Always my Best,

Michael Alex
Real Estate Consultant
cell. 619.581.9348 | fax. 619.269.7263
email. AskMichaelAlex@gmail.com
810 W. Washington Street
San Diego, CA 92103
Pacific Sotheby's International Realty
Michael & Sinead:

Great infomration and I really appreciate your time and help . I will pass the information along to my husband when he gets home from work today. Will update you

Sinead: so far I'm browsing on trulia, redfin and realtors and would like to be back in San Diego to visit family sometime early October, but I'd like to read up and know the market there well enough by then.

Again, thank you very much.
Hi Katherine,
Smart Corner has it's pros and its cons. I would love to show you around a couple of projects so that you can get a good feel for the differences and have something to compare it to. Are you planning a trip to house hunt before your move in February? Let me know, I would be happy to show you around. Also, my offer still stands of referring you to Kristin, my absolute favorite loan officer. She is super low pressure and know tons. She can give you a good idea of what will work for your situation.

Thanks!
Sinead
Sinead,

It appears you know that high rise project well . We really like it and compared to other high rises of its kinds. The HOA fees isnt half bad for the amenities provided . I spoke to the sale people, they just reduced their 1 bed 1 bath units with rebates and 6 mos free HOA . Also, we look at other resales within that units and there are some great deals . Alright, it seems I have to actually contact a lender to get my answers. I was hoping to get it here or being pointed in the direction from Q&A .
hi Michael,

No we havent used VA loan before and VA loan is one of the option we're looking at . The main purpose is a cozy home for us to have a place to crash for the next four years as my husband is on shore duty and resale values in the future. So we're wondering what are the borrowing guidelines for our situation (primary residence but not first time buyers) and how much we can qualify for, or if not we can buy cash, but something smaller, like we did with our 2 other condos .

Any information on borrowing / qualification guidelines is greaty appreciated. Either as answer or point me to the right direction. Im a reader. I'll read anything if I think it applies to our situation
Hi Katherine,
It is best to have a loan officer run your particular financial situation and answer the questions you have. They can tell you not only what you qualify for, but quote you payment amounts, so that you can find a payment that you are comfortable with. Lots of times I have clients that qualify for XX, but onl want to pay X. If you need a great referral for a local loan officer, message me directly and I would be happy to help you out. Are you looking to buy from the developer on Smart Corner or a resale? I know the preferred lender for that project and can put you in touch with him. Also, their HOA just passed a $50 per unit reduction in dues, so you are looking at HOA dues from the low 400s to low 500s in that complex. Feel free to contact me directly with any other questions you have.
Thanks!
Sinead McAllister
Broker McAllister Homes Real Estate
858-205-5215
brokermcallister@gmail.com
http://www.McAllisterHomes.com

What type of high rise condo are you looking for? How many bedrooms and baths are you looking for? What kinds of things are important to you regarding floor plan? What kind of amenities are you looking for in a condo,work out room,spa, pool? How do you like to entertain? What are your transportation need,? Which floor do you prefer to live in and what type of views do you want?These are a few questions I will ask you to find the perfect condo for you.If you have lending questions the person to talk to is my lender Brian Shaw with San Diego Funding. His direct phone number is 858-356-4006. Check this link, it has a little information about him and his services and what miracles he can do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psrTU3CvGeo

Michael Alex
Real Estate Consultant
cell. 619.581.9348
email. AskMichaelAlex@gmail.com
810 W. Washington StreetSan Diego, CA 92103
Pacific Sotheby's International Realty
Hi Sinead,

This was my question

I'm new to this site so please bear with me. We are moving back to San Diego, CA February 2013 and I've been looking at some of the high rise condos there. My question is, about 70 miles away from San Diego we already have a house paying monthly mortgage for 8 years now and 2 paid for condos. All three are being rented out on yearly leases. If we plan on living in the next condo we want to buy in San Diego and need a mortgage loan, how do we calculate how much we can qualify and what kind of mortgage is it (since it will be our primary residence but we arent first time home buyer).
I replied below. I would be happy to assist you. :)
Flag Mon Aug 13, 2012
Hi Martin,

I've been looking at the Smart Corner for its location and rooftop amenities . The problem isnt square footage or room, but rather how much can I qualify. Is there a formula, a website for me to input income, rental income and factoring my first mortgage and monthly payment to see how much i can qualify. I understand I need to do this before even deciding on the range of price I should look at . My husband is chief petty officer in the Navy and we get basic housing allowance in San Diego, but I doubt that should be the amount of monthly mortgage I can qualify for
Hi Katherine,

Thanks!
Sinead McAllister
Broker
McAllister Homes Real Estate
858-205-5215
brokermcallister@gmail.com
http://www.McAllisterHomes.com
Flag Mon Aug 13, 2012
I didn't see your question either. Repost it here and we will help you...

Thanks!
Sinead McAllister
Broker
McAllister Homes Real Estate
858-205-5215
brokermcallister@gmail.com
http://www.McAllisterHomes.com
Not a problem Katherine. In starting your search for a high rise condo you should first try to identify your search criteria. 1-2 bedrooms, square footage and 1-2 parking spaces (parking is a real commodity so bare that in mind and know that 1 bedrooms only get 1 parking space). Include certain amenities like pool, workout room, location to restaurants and view. Keep in mind that you should also be prepared to have HOA's range anywhere from $350 on up with most developments being in the $500-$800 range.

If I'm not answering your question properly then let me know. I have lived there for over 10 years and a top producer for my firm specializing on the community. You can also email me at martin@middletonandassociates.com.

Martin.
Hello Jesse and Patti,

I found my question going throug 25 pages lol. this was my question:

Hi everyone,

Hi Katherine, I don't see your question either. If you are able to share more info we would be happy to help!
did not see your earlier question...happy to help if I can, give me a call or re post your question.