Home Buying in Canyon Lake>Question Details

Kamlesh, Home Buyer in Canyon Lake, CA

Hi All I am looking to invest in a waterfront home / building lot in Canyon Lake. Does any one have an opinion on whether this area is a good one?

Asked by Kamlesh, Canyon Lake, CA Mon Sep 7, 2009

to invest in? What are your projections for appreciation 3 to 5 years out?
Thanks in advance

Waterfront homes in Canyon Lake vary in many ways. The best value is main lake or main channel. These are the properties that home owners want. I think its a great time to purchase and hold on to a waterfront home in Canyon Lake. There will be a glut load of buyers coming into the market considering that so many home owners short sold their house and that 3 to 4 year mark is coming up. 3 years for an FHA loan and 4 years for a conventional loan. I am a broker and resident in Canyon Lake and know the market extremely well. If you need any help then let me know.
Kamlesh: My son in law and family live in Canyon Lake and love the community.
Matt is correct, Realtor laws prohibit us from making broad stroke comments regarding a community.

However, there are many great sites you can visit to obtain information and see if an area is the right one for you:

Go to: http://www.city-data.com for answers to your question. This site is great for finding out specific information about any areas that you are interested in. There is a consumer discussion board also.

Here are two more websites that consumers can use to find out informaiton about an area: The first is called bestplaces.net and it shows statistical results of crime based on FBI submitted reports.

This one is called the Great Schools website: http://www.greatschools.net/

.......has detailed information regarding schools and even has a place where consumers can leave comments about their personal experience regarding an individual school.

Best wishes and if you need a Real Estate Agent in Southwest Riverside County, please visit my profile and e-mail me at info@soreal.biz. - Sat Aug 22 2009, 16:34 - Fri Aug 28 2009, 11:46
Web Reference: http://www.soreal.biz
Hi Kamlesh.

I am very familiar with the Canyon Lake area. I lived in Corona until just a few years ago and had several friends who lived in that gated community. I also have sold a few homes in there.

As a real estate agent, we are not allowed to answer on whether or not an area is "good" or " bad" or "safe." The best way to find out those types of things is to drive around the neighborhood and see what you think. Talk to a few of the neighbors that might be out front of their homes. As far as safety is concerned, you can call the local law enforcement agency and get the crime statistics for the area.

Projections? Really hard to say and I do not think anyone can accurately predict the future of real estate. However, it is a versatile community since it has a usable lake and is not that far from larger main cities.

I would be more than happy to help you in your search for a home or property or answer any other questions you might have. Feel free to email or call me directly.

Matt McClain
Axiom Real Estate / Axiom Lending Group