Home Buying in Evergreen>Question Details

L, Both Buyer and Seller in 94555

Hi All, Can someone pls advise me on what Kelly Moore interior colors will work on a single family home?

Asked by L, 94555 Mon Jul 9, 2012

I have seen some really lovely homes listed and wld appreciate some response and guidance from listing agents on which colors they choose for the interior walls.
We like some called "Sea of Sand", "Clean Canvas", "Sea Oats".. somthing in Neutral/Yellow ? thanks!

Answers

9
I've had very good results with Snip of Tanin for the walls and Swiss Coffee for the trim - lots of compliments at open houses. It has a nice neutral look and the trim really pops against the walls. Snip of Tanin is a neutral sort of sand color - the color online doesn't look much like it, and Swiss Coffee is a variety of white.

Barbara
If you want to play with colors try some of the color websites such as
http://www.colorsontheweb.com/colorwizard.asp

Tastes change with time. You see this with appliances. The manufactures put quite a bit of effort into finding colors which appeal to current buyers. Looking at the most recent catalogs can give you an idea what colors some people are betting money on.

Juliana Lee, MBA LLB
Cell 650-857-1000
Top 3 agent nationwide at Keller Williams Realty

Over 20 years experience
Over 1,000 home sales completed
.
Web Reference: http://julianalee.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 28, 2013
I agree with Swiss Coffee as a great trim color around a warm, neutral shade everywhere else. But you may want to consider applying several color schemes to artistically highlight the many different features of the home. For example, we use a designer to pick appropriate colors when a lot of large windows in a room allows the shades and textures of the home's exterior to interact with the interior in a "comprehensive visual experience" (I just made that up).
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 9, 2012
Hi! thanks, i am actually looking for help in identifying the "warm neutral shade" . I have gone through abt 15 quart paint samples... The folks at Kelly Moore say they cannot help pick out colors. we have a remodelled home but the ceilings are not too high , abt 9.5 ft.
Flag Mon Jul 9, 2012
Go to Kelly Moore and get their interior colors booklet. Their designers put together color combinations that you can use for walls/trim/doors. Today we are using darker colors than just a couple years ago and greyish seems to be more in style.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 9, 2012
I agree with Barbara--I use the same 2 colors. However, if you are still unsure and want some professional assistance, please call Stephanie Statler @ Stephanie's Custom Designs, (408)656-8400 for a color consultation--she does awesome work.

Marcie Paul
Intero Real Estate
518 N. Santa Cruz Avenue
Los Gatos, CA 95030
(408)718-7730
http://www.marciepaul.com
DRE #01387514
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 9, 2012
To answer your question, you should go to a Kelly Moore paint shop and ask them.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 9, 2012
Are you painting for yourself or for selling? If for yourself, you can be more adventurous with color. If for selling, pop by some open houses to see ones you like and ask what the colors are.

Bone, Wise Owl or Parisian Taupe (beige, gray, taupe) with Swiss Coffee (white) are popular choices. If you are having a professional paint the home, ask them what colors they see are commonly being chosen.

If you hire a pro painter, they may also suggest subtle color changes to give more dimension to the rooms.

Personally unless you have a historic home or one with a very distinct style (such as a Victorian or Eichler), stay away from the "Historic Homes of Distinction"-in my opinion the colors are too strong and trendy-meaning they can easily make the home look dated as soon as next year.
Hello L,
In my past experience as a designer and color consultant, pop into your local KM store and flip through the "Historic LIfestyles of the West" brochure. It will give you some great combinations in the color and hue that your looking for with our to much guess work. If you have any other question, please feel free to drop me a line at http://www.davidorozcoassoc.com.

David Orozco
David Orozco Associates
The colors that will work best for your home really require an inspection of the interior of your home.

In general light, neutral colors work best.

Homes that appear bright, generally have the best market appeal.

I recommend that you make an appointment with your REALTOR to view the interior of your home to get the best answer to your question.