cz4me, Home Buyer in Port Saint Lucie, FL

Here is my situation. I am a US Citizen and I live in the country of Panama and am trying to move to Port St. Lucie.

Asked by cz4me, Port Saint Lucie, FL Fri Mar 8, 2013

Here is my situation. I am a US Citizen and I live in the country of Panama and am trying to move to Port St. Lucie. I went to PSL a few months ago and spent 2 weeks looking for a house to buy. After looking at 25 houses I contacted a mortgage broker to see about getting a house financed. He told me that without any credit in the USA I would not be able to get a house financed in the USA. I don't have bad credit, I just don't have any credit rating in the USA because I have lived in Panama for the last 12 years. Here in Panama I have excellent credit but they said my credit here in Panama does not count in the USA. I bank at two banks here in Panama and one bank in the USA.

Here in Panama I have 5 acres with a mountain view. On this 5 acres I have two homes. One is 3 bedroom with 3 baths and one is 3 bedrooms with one bath. Estimated value here is $300,000. http://www.chagres.com/DB.html Everything I own is free and clear and paid for. I do not want to sell here until I h

Answers

15
I will arrive in PSL on the 1st of next month. Two weeks from now. I will be in PSL for two weeks and would be more than happy to meet with anyone that may be able to help me get reasonable financing. This will be my third trip to PSL in the last 7 months. If I could buy a home this trip I would be thrilled. So would my family.
This will limit me to a house under $130,000 and eat everything I have in savings for a down payment. My monthly payment after 30% down would probably be about $1,000 per month. I am hoping to see if I can get a VA loan before jumping into something like this. Would there be a penalty for paying off loan early? I have been looking at houses in the $130,000 to the $160,000 price range. I'm looking for 4 bedroom 2 bath and a pool if possible. One floor.
=
=
With 30% down, would you be interested in a program with rates in the 4 to 5 range?

---
Hi again, I cannot find your email on laptop, phone, or tablet..
As I said, I can help you. Please try my email again, or call me.
email either Austind@kw.com or austindegroat@gmail.com
Cell is 772-807-2354
I will arrive in PSL on the 1st of April. I am coming from Panama. I have an appointment with the VA clinic in Stuart on the 2nd. After that I am free until the 16th of April. I would like to meet with Austin De Groat and/or Steve Mc Rory. Both said on this list that they could help me. I emailed both but have not heard from either one. Should I give you both a call when I get there?

If there is anyone else that thinks they can help me please let me know.
-
Start packing!

After reviewing programs below, please call me to go over loan options.

1) 100% LTV- VA - pay off debt at closing on a purchases too!
2) 100% LTV- USDA - 12 mo. into Chapter 13 BK…OK Too!
3) 99% LTV- FHA
4) 97% LTV- NEW- No PMI -No FHA 1.75% MIP Fee!
5) 95% LTV- NEW-No PMI!
6) 95% LTV- NEW-CONDO Loan
7) 90% LTV- NEW-No PMI -2nd Home
8) 90% LTV- New-Jumbo w/cc
9) 85% LTV- NEW- No PMI to Super Jumbo
10) 80% LTV- Rental Property

------------STATED INCOME ALT Loan programs-------------
11) 80% LTV- to Super Jumbo
12) 80% LTV- FIX n’ FLIP Invest. Prop. – No min. credit!
13) 75% LTV-to Mega Jumbo
14) 75% LTV- Foreign Nationals-to Super Jumbo
15) 75% CLTV-after Short Sale, BK, Foreclosure to Super Jumbo
16) 70% LTV- Hard Money to Jumbo
17) Lot Loans / Land Loans Too!

Go to: http://WWW.PRO-OPTION-COM or call 888-662-4404

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM
Ph: 888 662 4404
#204296

Prior Service U.S. Marine Corps
====
Thank you all for the help so far. I will check with Chase tomorrow about a credit monitoring plan. Austin I will drop you an email tomorrow.
I looked at about 20 houses on my own with a friend that lives in PSL. Go to the address and walk around the house and look in the windows. I looked at about 5 with an agent. She directed me to a mortgage broker who got back to me and said without a credit rating I can not even get VA financing. I did get info on some place that wanted a lot of money down and a lot of interest and I needed 6 months of payments in the bank and stuff like that. I passed on that. I checked the Navy Federal Credit Union and I do not qualify to join.
In addition to cutting your choice of homes, the owner-financing and rent-to-own route usually adds major premiums to your purchase.

See if Chase offers a credit monitoring plan, and how much it costs. In your case, $20 per month or a similar cost, is probably worth it to know what your score is, so you know when you can apply to a "regular" loan. I believe this is their service, but you need to double check the link...
I have considered owner financing and rent to own but I think it cuts my choices of houses considerable going that route. I want the freedom to pick where and what house I want to buy. I got my Chase credit card in November of 2012 and have been using it. How long before I have some kind of credit rating? Should I apply for another credit card now from someone else? I have tried to get a credit report but they won't do it from Panama.
You can buy here in PSL. Your fastest path will be a VA loan. There are several banking resources here in PSL that can help and do VA loans. With $40K in cash, there are other local lenders that can hold a Portfolilo loan conventionally also.I don't know why if you looked at 25 houses the agent assisting you could not set up a lending source for you. I will get you want you want if everything you've said about yourself and your assets are verifiable.
Call or email me tomorrow. Austin
austind@kw.com
cell - 772-807-2354
Keller Williams Realty of Port Saint Lucie.
Have you considered an option to buy or owner financing?
Okay, it looks like you started making the right choices to get qualified. Call up the Navy Federal Credit Union (they're one of the biggest VA lenders) and try to see what more they need to pre-qualify you for a mortgage.

Charge a couple things on that credit card you got, and pay off the charges. Voila... credit score established.
Sorry but the whole question does not show up.

I do not want to sell here until I have a home in Port St Lucie. I cannot get a loan here on my property because my income comes from the USA and is direct deposited at a Chase bank there. I cannot get a loan in the USA on my property here because my assets are here. My monthly income is $3937. My income is a permanent income and will never stop. I don't owe anybody any money and have very little expenses. My truck is also paid for. I also have $40,000 in cash to put down on a house. I am a 100% Service Connected Disabled Veteran.

My plan was to put $40,000 down on a house and make payments until I can sell my homes here. Then pay off whatever I owed on the house in Port St Lucie. I have no idea how long it would take me to sell my property here. I would sell here before moving to PSL. I would also be making trips to PSL taking things there that want to keep. A furnished home would suit me well since I am not bringing any furniture from Panama. I am looking for a home under $150,000 in the Gatlin area if possible but will consider any home in the PSL area. Must be minimum 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. 4 Bedrooms is better for me. Pool is optional. The more lot space the better. I have been to PSL 2 times trying to buy and not getting anywhere. Since I first went to PSL I now have a credit card with Chase Bank. They turned me down for not having any credit the first time. I didn’t have any credit the second time either. Only difference was I deposited $40,000 to my savings at Chase to use as a down payment. The credit card they gave me is not a secured card. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you considered getting a mortgage on your property in Panama, and then using the cash to purchase the house you want in Port St. Lucie.

If I can be of further service please contact me directly.

Nadine Mauro
Highlight Realty
561-414-0864
NadineSellsHouses@gmail.com