Home Buying in Evergreen>Question Details

Basenjigirl, Renter in

Help with renting/buying in the great state of Colorado. Perhaps in the Arvada, So. Golden, or Evergreen Areas.

Asked by Basenjigirl, Tue May 7, 2013

Hello All,
1st and foremost, I need to know is there any housing out here with one level? I am disabled and do not negotiate stairs well. That being said, currently we are renting in Thornton area an "apartment home" with some amenities.
We are in need of an attached garage. 12 to 1500 sq. ft. 2 bd, 2 ba. Even an active 50 community would be acceptable. We adore the mountains. We had been going to Silverthorn for the last five yrs and renting a condo for the summer, however, I am in need of being close to med specialists. I also have a daughter that lives in Brighton so being w/in 30 to 40 miles of her would have to be included in my plan.
We have been looking on our own and I am overwhelmed. We don't necessarily want to live with all the rats in the rat race as we are retired but need to be close enough for shopping, doctors, daughter, etc.
Suggestions, help, input. We need it. I do NOT wish to go back to Illinois. I don't like it there!
THANK YOU in advance.

Answers

5
I don't blame you! I'm from Illinois, and I don't miss those piercing cold winters & humid summers!
The climate here is great, just have to use more lotion since it's a high arid drier climate. In the Evergreen area (great to live in the foothills!) there really aren't many level ranch homes, unfortunately. Just too many slopes....I can certainly keep an eye out for your needs, I've been a Realtor here since 1979. I think you'd be better off searching in the Golden/ Arvada area for a patio home with a garage. You can come to Evergreen to spend the day by the lake, though! We have
lots of wildlife....and blue skies! Kate Mondragon Re/Max Alliance - Evergreen (3030 888-7902
I'm Sandy with Keller Williams, and there are some amazing patio homes here in Denver area that would be perfect for you. I work the Littleton, Golden, Lakewood area as well as the foothill mountain. KW has a great reputation for customer service and I would appreciate the opportunity to help your move to Colorado be a wonderful experience. I moved here myself several years ago and love it here.
Please give me a call and let me know how we can get started.
Sandy Jones
Keller Williams Realty Success
Jones Team Colorado
303 550 3836
http://www.corealtyteam.com
Hi Girl,

If you like Silverthorn I think you will be impressed with Evergreen. It has the alpine aesthetics and mountain lifestyle of Sliverthorn but has the added benefits of not being priced like a resort; not having I-70 bisecting it and yet close proximity to the best hospitals; it has an active community with an age qualified condominium complex complete with garages (in some cases); and it's just a bit higher than where all of the rats hang out...

Evergreen is just outside the mileage constraint that you have for driving to Brighton but maybe you'll find that since the majority of the driving will be on I-70 that it still fits into a time constraint.

Take a look at this search of active listing in Rocky Mountain Village in Evergreen, there are no stairs and a wide range of sizes and bedroom layouts: http://bit.ly/13gehdO

Good luck and congratulations on your opportunity to live in Colorado!
Hi BasenjiGirl,

I would like to recommend Golden, Wheat Ridge, and Lakewood areas. All are very close to the mountains yet close to amenities and easy access to many arteries for travel. There are many things to consider when buying a home: elevation, weather, access, style, location to grocery store/hospital. You will find many ranch style homes in some of the older neighborhoods for all these areas. I would be more than happy to have a discussion with your further. 720-581-2885
Web Reference: http://www.housefitz.com
Hello Basenjigirl,

The short answer to your question is YES, depending on the answers to more detailed questions.
I don't work with rentals so I can only point you in a direction if a rental is your goal. Let me know if you'd like me to do that.

However, if you are looking to purchase, then there are questions which have to be answered before doing property searches:

- Will you be financing? If so, have you talked to lenders?
- What is your price range?
- What are other requirements? How many beds, baths, how much space do you need?

Rocky Mountain Village in Evergreen is a community for residents age 55+ but it might be pushing your distance requirement to be close to your daughter. There are a lot of ranch style homes in Arvada, Lakewood and Wheat Ridge, some with basements and some without. These are mostly older homes but they may suit your needs.

You can do property searches on my website http://www.whataboutbobre.com with no registration requirement. My website is regularly updated from MLS so it is much more up to date than other websites like trulia & zillow.

I'll be happy to help you in your search. Call or email me for more information.

Bob