Home Buying in Hercules>Question Details

1sttimer, Home Buyer in Hercules, CA

Help getting a Realtor???

Asked by 1sttimer, Hercules, CA Tue Sep 8, 2009

Does anyone know of a realtor in the Hercules area that offers 20-25% of their commission as an incentive of working with them?

Answers

5
Jeff Kim’s answer
I see I am a little late in posting a response here. However, 1stTimer you have hit a sensitive issue with alot of agents-commission!

There are agents who do offer a rebate on their commission who do provide excellent full service to their clients. On the other hand, there are other "discount agents" who provide less service and rebate back money to you. And there are full service agents who do not provide a rebate, but provide their services which could far exceed those of a rebate back to you.

Ultimately, it comes down to how comfortable you are with your home search. If your an internet savvy client, you may be able to do most of your home search on your own, perhaps a discount agent is best for you. If you need assistance along the whole process, perhaps a full service agent is what you need. It comes down to the service you want as a client.

With all that in mind, you should check the Trulia Pros section and there you will see a number of great agents and brokers who you can contact and ask about their commission structure. You have the absolute right to ask for a rebate. Some agents will absolutely not do it. Some will. Ask them what their services will be and see if that over rides your rebate desire. If not, then move on.

Good luck with your home search. If you have not purchased a home yet and are still in the process, feel free to contact me. I am a local broker in Hercules who does offer a rebate.
1st Timer

The only way you will get 20-30% of a commission is if you are licensed by the California's Department of Real Estate.

There is no such thing as an incentive for any real estate agent to work with a client.
Not in my book. It's not easy closing deals, especially if they are FHA financed loans.

The good thing is that you will find desperate agents that will give you part of their commission.
Just remember, you get what you pay for.

Hope everything works out fine for you,

Jes Sierra, B.Sc.
Realtor®

For agents, it s very difficult to give you 20% off as they also have to split the total commission with their brokers as well. I am an independent broker, therefore, I do not have to split my commission with anyone which allows me to assist buyers with closing costs. I also offer very generous referral fees...Please feel free to call or email me to discuss your options. Good luck!

Kamal Randhawa
Broker
510-932-1066
Ask yourself this question: How would you feel if someone offered to do your job for 70% of what you're being paid?

The best way buy a home is to engage a local Realtor (remember the buyer's Realtor is paid by the seller, so there no cost to a buyer). Before you buy you should consider several homes that meet your criteria (size, neighborhood, etc.). That means viewing inside, probably more than once. The only realistic way to do that is with a Realtor. Then once you're ready to make an offer, that same Realtor is critical because you'll need advice not only on the price to offer but on all the many other decisions you make before you write that offer. Even if the seller accepts your offer as written, you still need that Realtor to help you negotiate through all the rest of the purchase process.

https://www.placertitle.com/docs/PurchaseProcess.pdf is a good outline of the whole purchase process from Placer Title company. Purchasing a home is likely the largest financial decision you will ever make. You need a good Realtor by your side the whole way, and yes I'd like to meet with you to let you decide if I'm the right Realtor for you.
The buyer does not pay the Realtor's commission. The seller offers the percentage. If a realtor would give up 25 % of their pay to get you to use them, would you be upset if they only gave 75% of their efforts to negotiate on your behalf? An experienced realtor will give you far more value than what would amount to 25 % off their commission. If the price was $ 100,000.00 the selling agent's commission would be 3%. = $ 3,000.00. You want 25 % = $ 750.00? A good agent is going to do much better than get you a $ 750.00 savings.