Lynn_fogelhut, Home Buyer in Encinitas, CA

Help, I am in escrow on a condo conversion in Encinitas. Law suit was settled but just starting to renovate. The place has a musty moldy Smell.

Asked by Lynn_fogelhut, Encinitas, CA Sun Apr 7, 2013

Need to decide now if I should pull out. Anyone know about pacific pines!

Answers

14
drive by...the place has the siding off of two bldgs...careful with this one. if two bldgs are defective they are all likely defective. same design, same tradesmen, same materials.

unless they have plans for all bldgs for full rehab its a steaming pile in my opinion.

the owner occ. rate is very low making loans a bit of a problem
Thanks for the HU. If you should happen by anything would you mind letting me know. My daughter and her family are looking to purchase in Encinitas. Thanks
Hi John, I didn't see any more for sale in the complex. We have been walking around in there many times. Sorry.
We were just talking to someone there and it sounds like the repairs and updates will be a really good thing. I think that C.G and I building we getting most of the work. G is where we are. I like all the green space and it is as close to the beach as we could ever get. We were thinking about taking the carpet out 1st thing as well. Thanks for all you information.
Building C. I am renting it out. It seems that a lot if people have been there a while and like it. There are a lot of renters vs owners from what I can tell. I am hoping that when the revovation is completed it will raise the value further.
Lynn I am so happy that it worked out for you!!! If you don't mind me asking what building A-K? It is a nice complex.
Anymore places for sale here? How many bdms & bths? sq/ft?, etc.
Thank you for all for your prior answers. I went through with it. I pulled up the carpet and there was some mildew where water was not extracted when it was cleaned. I replaced the carpet with laminate and everything worked out. I also talked to the hoa and they said they would take care of any mold issue in the wall if there were any (there was none). It would only be my responsibility to paint what they repaired.

I knew that no matter what prices were on the rise so I pulled the trigger.
Lynn did you ever get an answer to your question? We right now are in the same boat.. Was there mold?
I'm a Real Estate Broker and General Contractor (rehab specialist). I'm not a qualified mold expert but I've dealt with a lot of mold related issues. I own a number of properties in Leucadia and am very familiar with most of the inherent moisture related issues in this area.

I am also an expert witness, construction industry expert, consultant and troubleshooter at large on construction defect and non disclosure related issues. Please feel free to call or email me anytime. 760 815-6977. onthelevel@cox.net.

Log onto any of our very user friendly websites anytime.

http://www.tagrealestatesales.com
http://www.chadofalltrades.com
http://www.intimatelivinginteriors.com
There have been some problems getting loans in Pacific Pines in the past(possibly due to the prior litigation). The condos are very well priced for the area and location but there are other factors to consider as well. Mold can become a recurrent problem if not fixed properly. Another thing to consider is the resale value of a property that had mold problems in the past. I am a Broker Assoc. and Realtor licensed as an agent since 2001. I am also a Branch Manager for a Mortgage Banker. Please feel free to call me @ 760-585-8328 if you need any assistance.

Uriah Anderson
CA Dept of Real Estate Broker License 01303991
NMLS # 272891
Do you have a realtor representing you? You need solid advice from a realtor to help you do your due diligence on this matter. If you do have a realtor, what do they think? If you do not have a realtor, I would be happy to help you do your due dilgence to make sure you are purchasing a property that will not cause you more problems in the future. The first question would be to the seller/builder. Why is there a musty mold smell? There is not a whole lot we can tell you on here with the limited info. you provided. I would need more info. to help provide more assistance.

Kevin Sanderlin
Cell 858-212-4702
I am a direct lender in Carlsbad, what type of loan are you doing? Conventional or FHA?
I do not know of the complex, I can ask my realtor network about pacific pines, I would want to know more specifics, are you asking if there are known mold issues? You always want a mold inspection if you have any doubt.
Let me know what other questions you have
Jon Nalbandian
BluFi Lending
760-692-3971
Sorry, do not know the place. Unless you are paying cash, you should check with your lender and see if they will loan on the complex.