Home Buying in Seattle>Question Details

Bobby, Home Buyer in 77006

Hello, we have a CPA practice in the Bay Area and brought a home in the in 2006 and am underwater. As such, we are refinancing (HARP). Our busine

Asked by Bobby, 77006 Thu May 9, 2013

Add details about your question (optional)Hello, I have a CPA practice in the Bay Area (Corporation) and brought a home in 2006 and am underwater. As such, I am refinancing (HARP). My business is doing well however, we've gotten strong business in Seattle and I am originally from Seattle, so, I have decided to take advantage of in the Seattle, WA market and the fact that I became licensed in the NW. As such, I would like to purchase a property in Seattle - to be considered Primary...any suggestions?
Best!

Answers

2
Bobby,
You've been in your primary residence long enough to have a new primary, but doing the HARP raises an new issue. What does your lender say? Review the rules regarding how long you must stay in the house after the refinance.
Would you be selling and buying in Seattle or renting the Bay Area house out? If you can qualify for both payments, chances are good your current home will recover in a few years if our current activity levels hold.
Can you qualify with ca loan payment plus proposed WA payment and other monthly debt ?

If unsure ... Get in touch with seattle based loan officer to get pre approved