Home Buying in Raleigh>Question Details

Skylarhall, Home Buyer in Raleigh, NC

Hello- looking for some direction on finding a good neighborhood

Asked by Skylarhall, Raleigh, NC Fri Aug 9, 2013

I am a first time home buy looking to relocate to the Raleigh area (with plans to attend NCS). Are there any areas that are conveniently located to campus and have other walkable/bike-able attractions?

Answers

4
Welcome to Raleigh! Lake Johnson area has a variety of options. And the lake is beautiful to walk or bike after a long day at school. Another area you might consider is the Cameron Village area. A safe area that has a variety of shops and dining. I live downtown myself and love that area!
Parrish Register
First Priority Financial
This is a pretty open question to answer and would be easier to discuss over the phone. The biggest question I would have first is what price range are you looking in and have you been pre-qualified with a lender? What kind of commute IS acceptable to NCS? What other type amenities would you like? Would love for you to send me some additional specifics before I would start making recommendations. Problem with NC State is that it is located inside what we acll the beltline within the confines of downtown Raleigh. Homes are typically not inexpensive.

I work with a lot of first time homebuyers and if you take the time to check out the Testimonials page on my website at http://www.RaleighHomeSite.com, I think you'll see that I'm pretty good at. I've even helped my own three kids purchase homes and there is no tougher critic than a son or daughter. I think all three of them were happy with the assitance I gave them. My contact info is also on the website along with the ability for you to search the MLS for homes.

I do look forward to hearing from you and promise excellent service!!

Thanks for the question,

Ernie
Northside Realty
I have friends who are in grad school at NCSU and live at the Villages of Tryon. They really like it there. Feel free to call me (919)559-5459 if you would like me to pull some homes and send to you.
I would suggest you look in the Lake Johnson area. There is a selection of townhomes and detached homes, and a nice park. All bikeable to campus.
.
Web Reference: http://RealtyArts.com