Home Buying in Placerville>Question Details

Sue Holmlund, Home Buyer in Westwood, Kalamazoo,...

Hello, is it possible in northern California, particularly in Placerville to buy land and build a modular home?

Asked by Sue Holmlund, Westwood, Kalamazoo, MI Tue May 13, 2014

Are there builders here that do an all-in-one real estate and build in a package? I am not interested in a mobile home, but something more perm. This is my first house, I'm a new buyer and looking at my options. Thanks!

Answers

1
Hi Sue, There are several modular home dealers in the area that sell 'package' deals but you will need to pick the parcel and make sure it has electric, water or well connections and sewer or septic hookups. If you are not familiar with the area our general plan breaks the county up into 'zones' and depending on what zone your parcel is located it will have significant impact on the cost of building permits/traffic impact fees/school fees and all the other associated costs with building a home. In general the closer to the highway 50 corridor the more $$ you will pay in fees/permits.