Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

Younishm78, Renter in

Hello everyone, I fly so often to Houston,from overseas. I would like to invest in Houston,buying a house to rent in the range $100k-150k with cash.

Asked by Younishm78, Fri Sep 14, 2012

Ready to move in,low maintenanc,looking for best return.
What are options availabl?
Thanx

Answers

5
Penny Richey’s answer
Being an rental home investor myself I can offer you a lot of information that you learn from only from experience. i have good sources for materials and labor, can offer a lot of insite into finding a good tenant and have a connection that offers property management at a good price. Next time you are in Houston, i'll buy you a cup of coffee at Starbucks and we can discuss your options.

Penny Richey
Penrich Properties
713 468-4655
penny@penrichprop.com
You are making a great decision to buy in Houston. The market is hot, rates are low and rentals are flying. I have been in your shoes, commuting back and forth from Dubai and Egypt for 5 years. I bought some condos in New Braunfels and that works great. Make sure you work with a real estate agent that understands your full needs. Give me a shout if I can help you.

Best ;
Dane Bigner
RE/MAX West Houston Professionals
281 723 1369
Younishm78,

Hello, I'm curious about something. Why would you want to buy a home in Houston and rent it out as an investment? If you're a citizen of another country on the other side of the world it just seems like it would be terribly inconvenient and you would have a much easier time making a similar investment close to home. I could understand a doing a multi-million dollar deal that doesn't come along very often, but a single family property investment that might make you 10-15% on a $100K investment just seems sort of strange to me.

I certainly have no desire to invest in Quatr, and just wonder what your motivation would be to invest here. I look forward to your reply.

Thomas Jones
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 16, 2012
Hi,thanks for your reply.
My only skill is flying,I have cash in bank don't know how to invest it ,I know little about prosperity.i am a NEWZELANDER Living in Qatar working with qatarairways ,I already have a house in Newzealand rented for the past 5 years no hassle at all, but the rental return only 3% after paying all expences. I also have few apartment s in Jordan with a very good rental retune but again the whole area is unstable.
Buying a prosperity in the US to take advantage of the low property prices.
Buying in Houston only because I fly regularly to Houston.
That is my only motivation. I would like to hear from youand enlighten me WHY AND WHY NOT to invest Houston .
Thanks n Regards
Flag Mon Sep 17, 2012
Give me a call--Loreta Bradley/Houston-Key Home Realty Inc. - 713-944-2765.
Thanks.
There are better rent yeild homes being offered as HUD foreclosures for upto 110k right now, but most of those require some work after purchasing. On up to 150k there are more properties that would be move in ready.
Let me know what part of town you are focusing on, or if it matters. Check out my website and send me an e-mail and I will send you some sample neighborhood searches...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 15, 2012