cherylljbart…, Home Buyer in 95207

Hello, can we claim an additional child tax credit or the first time home buyer credit and get a return without owing in the first place?

Asked by cherylljbartell, 95207 Thu Jan 3, 2013

My husband and I both receive SS disability and we also receive a check for each of our two children. We just bought our first home and don't currently file a return.

Answers

2
Trevor Curran’s answer
Good evening cherylijbartell,

I'm sorry to have to inform you that the First Time HomeBuyer credit expired quite some time ago. As to your question about claiming child tax credits, the best and only person to provide an answer to that is your tax professional.

When I counsel my First Time Buyer clients, I strongly recommend they immediately identify and create a relationship with a good tax professional. Having a great tax pro on your side is a key component of the Homeownership experience. You can question your tax pro anytime throughout the year so as best to manage your finances as a homeowner.

Trevor Curran
Mobile: 516-582-9181
Office: 516-829-2900
Fax: 516-829-2944
PowerHouse Solutions, Inc.
185 Great Neck Rd, Suite 240
Great Neck NY 11021
Licensed Mortgage Banker – NYS Dept. of Financial Services
NMLS#3528

If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a "Thumbs Up." Thanks!
You have to speak to a tax professional or accountant, realtors can not give this type of advice!

VP