Home Buying in Ashburn>Question Details

Mazin_fagiri, Real Estate Pro in Orland Park, IL

Hello all.. currently considering purchasing a 3-4 br TH in either Belmont country club or Bramblton. Looking for an advice on pros Vs cons

Asked by Mazin_fagiri, Orland Park, IL Fri Jan 11, 2013

comparing that two areas. We're a family of 4, two boys 4 & 2, we're hopping to stay for a 3-5 years in the house. One of the cons about BCC is the very high HOA ($340) if one decides to live inside, that is almost double what one would pay in the Brambltonarea. Couple of the things that I'm hopping to answer

1) Better area to raise a family, specially schools?
2) Most importantly, what's better ROI in a 3-5 year span?

Thanks for the help!

Answers

6
Good Morning Mazin,

I have clients in both communities and they love them. From a young family perspective Brambleton has so many conveniences generally within walking distance. Brambleton is a very active community offering activities/events for all ages. However Belmont equally has events that you would be able to consider. Truly it would be how you and your family feel when touring these communities that is the most important. Then comparing pros and cons based on what each of the communities have to offer. I would be glad to assist you whenever you are ready to tour these communities.

Have a great weekend.

Geri Deane
McEnearney & Associates, REALTORS
107 N. King Street
Leesburg, VA 20176
703.738.8264
http://www.gerideane.com
gdeane@mcenearney.com
Hello Mazin, Having lived in New York and now in Loudoun County VA, raising three children, has been a GREAT experience for the whole family. There are so many aspects of living here, from the communities, to the local businesses, that really welcome you, and enjoy promoting a quality Family lifestyle. Having moved from such a fast pased city (New York) the rule of ROI has always been, how is the commute? Where is the closest method of transportation? Well, up until now, there really has not been alot of choices of mass transit for commuters, so in my opinion, the better ROI would be anywhere that would put you closer to the new train lines that are coming in to VA. http://loudounhousesforsale.com/Commuter_Info.html this is a link that might help, and also, the schools in Loudoun County are very very good. This link might help you with your research http://loudounhousesforsale.com/Loudoun_County_Schools.html
Please feel free to email me, locateahome@yahoo.com and I will be glad to assist you with further questions. Good luck to you and your family in this next adventure.

Patrick Levy
703-999-3253
Hi Mazin,

Both are great areas in regards to raising a family, schools, etc. Brambleton's HOA include basic Verizon FIOS while Belmont Country Club includes Comcast - the higher fees in Belmont are mainly for 24 hour security at the gate, lawn care and social fees. Belmont does have a mandatory $2,500 social membership fee when joining the community - so make sure to take that into account with estimating your closing costs.

I really like Brambleton's community atmosphere - holding summer concerts in the Town Center, holding 5K run, etc.

Hard to say where you are going to get the better ROI. Feel free to call/email to discuss in more detail as that question can become property specific.

Thanks!

Eric Pearson
The E4Realty Group of RE/MAX Gateway
540-454-1551
eric@e4realty.com
Hi and great move ahead! Firstly, go to http://www.greatschools.org to view school ratings and parent comments. I have raised two amazing children in Loudoun County and personally have no regrets or complaints. Secondly, a gated community typically maintains a stronger value but then again Brambleton is going to be closer to the new Metro Line so my crystal ball says it's a toss-up. Ultimately it is a very personal decision, it is where you are most comfortable and value. The Metropolitan area is doing quite well and will continue to do so. Hire an informed local Realtor who can offer you the best representation.

Respectfully,

PJ Riner
http://www.pjriner.com
Mazin, part of the reason HOA fees are so high in Belmont Country Club is they include cable and internet access. Both areas are excellent as far as return on investment, Brambleton may be slightly more attractive as the Silver Line of the Metro (subway) will be coming there in the next couple of years. I would be happy to provide you with some excellent resources concerning the different schools as well as answer any other questions you may have. Please email Mike@LoCoMusings.com or call my cell at 571-233-5495.

Cheers,
Mike
Mazin_fagiri, What does the HOA fees include? You can research schools' test scores online. If you need a Realtor in your area, I can help you find one.