Ananth, Home Buyer in West Windsor, NJ

Hello, Which one of these towns you would recommend for buying a home from School, Commute to NYC, and resale values.

Asked by Ananth, West Windsor, NJ Mon Feb 18, 2013

West Windsor, Plainsboro, Robbinsville, Monroe

Answers

8
Hi Ananth,

One size does not fit all & on a general,open forum, you would get a general answer.

I am currently working with a First time buyer couple , both, concerned with the same aspects of home buying, as you ; resale, school, commute, community & amenities

They actually read a series of my posts here,on Trulia, before deciding to work with me.

Both are commuters, 1 travels to NYC everyday.

If you'd like me to put you in touch with them, Please contact me directly .

Shalu Thaman - Realtor,ePRO,ABR,SRES
Keller Williams Princeton Real Estate
Cell # 609.577.5861
Fax # 609.613.5907
http://www.linkedin.com/in/shaluthaman
Hi Ananth,

If you have any further interest, let me know.

Vishal.
Hi Ananth!

Which township did you finally decide to buy a house in?

As the time has passed, I have new statistics.... Let me know and I can pass them on to you.

Many Thanks,
Trupti Gandhi
Keller Williams
609-903-8903
Dear Ananth,

Let me know If you need any further assistance in home buying in the area of your interest.

Vishal.
http://WWW.VISHALMAHER.COM
Hello Ananth,

West windsor and Plainsboro are rated best school system in NJ. However, property taxes are higher compared to the other towns.
Monroe on the other had have good school system, closer to NYC Park-N-Ride and property values and taxes are less compared to West windsor and Plainsboro. Furthermore, you will get much younger homes in Monroe than West Windsor and Plainsboro for the same price.

For more details, I can be reached at my Cell# 732-277-9321.
Hi Ananth,
Plainsboro West Windsor is popular for its school district and its proximity to Princeton Junction train station. The new Princeton Hospital at Plainsboro is also an added feature.
Monroe and Robbinsville have new home constructions and more reasonable pricing than West Windsor Plainsboro.

If you need more information on these areas, I will be happy to help. I am a local agent and you can reach me directly at (609) 606-5077.

Sweta
Depending upon the relative imporance of each of your criteria the ranking could change. While west windsor has shortest commute to train and west windsor and Plainsboro share schools you may get more for the money in other areas. (as well as lower or higher taxes) Also these areas have differences in the way of walkability and school rankings... In addition are excellent areas of Cranbury (which sends to Princeton High School), Princeton Montgomery Hopewell... I suggest you have your agent give you an area tour so you can get a feel for all the areas (even beyond those mentioned) . (I live in Princeton, lived in Hopewell Twp over 40 years and have sold in all those municipalities)
Dear Ananth,

I thought of the same aspects when I was buying my own home.

Among the areas you describe here, most steady areas would be West Windsor, Plainsboro, Monroe and then Robbinsville in order of best purchase to resale value ratio as per current market trends.

Robbinsville is good and progressing steadily besides announcements like Amazon's mega warehouse coming there in a couple of years makes it really worth considering... At the same time it is not as close to Princeton Junction as West Windsor / Princeton Junction area is.

The resale value will also depend upon when have you bought the property. If you buy in near future and sell it after 10 years you would most likely make some profit even after paying your mortgage as the prices are more realistic as of now.

Please call or write to me and I can share the statistics I have about these areas with you.

Many Thanks,
Trupti Gandhi
Keller Williams Realty Princeton
truptig@kw.com
Cell: 609.903.8903