Home Buying in Tampa>Question Details

Jessica, Home Buyer in 33579

Hello, So we are trying to buy a house and the last time we checked our credit the middle score was a 600 .

Asked by Jessica, 33579 Wed May 22, 2013

We are first time home buyers and have been living with the inlaws for about 7months to save for a down payment. now since living with the inlaws we have paid all neg and collection debt off. ANd have been paying our credit cards on time and more then the min they give us. but it seems that the credit score is going up just alil. the last time we checked it was march 9th 2013 and the middle score was a 600. can we buy a new home with that credit score? Plus we have like 10,000 for a down payment. Help please we are a family of five to we are ready to move into a bigger house for us and our kids. thank you

Answers

7
Jessica,

With a middle score of 600 you may be able to get a mortgage loan, however you will not get the best rates and terms.

AS for you scores only going up a little bit, at least they are moving upward. This is very positive news:)

Try paying your credit card bill BEFORE the due date, in addition to paying more than the min.

Do not use your credit card to buy items like groceries. If you can, avoid using the credit cards altogether.

If you can get that middle score to 640, you will be in better shape for a mortgage loan!!!!

Best of Luck to You!!!

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Prudential California Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 3, 2013
Hi Jessica,

We also have money for first time homebuyer from the State of Florida that may get you up to $7,500 towards your downpayment and closing costs. You must have a 640 credit score to get that money, though. Pasco County also has first time homebuyer money and the program offers some houses that are immaculately updated and refurbished and you get a significant discount. Again, a lender has to approve you for the mortgage "first".

Also if you're having difficulty with getting a mortgage, try GTE Financial Credit Union. They will lend money based on risk so if you have a stable history for the past year with paying everything on time they may take a chance with you.

Here is info on the first time homebuyer Bond Program in Florida and you MUST work with an APPROVED lender on the list so I would start with one of these lenders:

http://apps.floridahousing.org/StandAlone/FTHBWizard/FTHBWiz…

Alma
Alma Rose Kee, PA
Sold On Tampa Team
813.244.9898
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 22, 2013
I had this EXACT same situation. Contact Jason Hall with Rapid Rescore, he legally rescores your credit card balances to show exact amount and helps remove the negative information. He started mine in April 2013 and it took 30 days. We just closed on a $250k fha construction to perm loans. Let me know if you want his info. He is also found on here. I promise you its the best thing we ever have done. My husband was very skeptical but he changed our lives!!!
Jessica,

first of all, did a mortgage lender pull your credit and give you the middle score, or did you do yourself? Either way, if the score is correct, I have a couple of mortgage brokers, that more than likely, can get you a mortgage or, at least, figure out what it will take. It does not matter if your are building a home or buying a resale home, both will require the same credit score from my experience. Usually, banks are not as forgiving as independent mortgage lenders. please call me so that we can discuss.

Bill Szydlowski
Future Home Realty
813-323-4443
Jessica;

Paying off debt is a great first step, but collection agencies do not remove the tradeline out of the goodness of their heart. If the collection is still reporting even with a zero balance it is still hurting your credit score. Also do you have open credit? If you would like help getting qualified for a mortgage please call me. We repair and rebuild credit so you can qualify.

Have a great day;

Christina Solorzano;
CEO & SR Credit & Mortgage Consultant of
Everlasting Credit Repair
Making home ownership more than a dream...
Retired Mortgage Banker
http://www.everlastingcredit.com
I would suggest speaking with a lending institution. That way the rep will be able to tell you exactly what your financial picture looks like and the requirements necessary to qualify for your desired loan product. FYI, BARE minimum general requirements are:

FHA - 580
Conventional - 620

More information available here:

https://www.lendingtree.com/mortgage/credit-score-needed-article
I can get you financing through a few different lenders. Please call me at 813-624-3679 an I will be happy to help you get your home.

Ken Allen
The Toni Everett Co