Home Buying in Cary>Question Details

Jayesh, Home Buyer in San Jose, CA

Hello, Moving from CA to RTP. . which are good areas in Cary and Morrisville to buy homes with safe and kids friendly environment. Thanks

Asked by Jayesh, San Jose, CA Mon Sep 10, 2012

Also, school admission system introduced by Wake County last year doesn't give you the guarantee for a school based on which you can buy your home. Also, just heard that Wake county has already decided to go back to address based admission system which makes more sense and also can help us decide where to buy house as my kids are in elementary and I am looking for good elementary, middle and high schools. Please advise. Thanks.

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Cary

Answers

12
Cary is one of the fastest growing communities in Wake county because of its strategic location (10 miles from Research Triangle Park, 8 Miles from RDU Int'l Airport), quality of life, and small town charm. There are many safe, kid friendly neighborhoods to explore. You can visit TriangleCoast.com to take a video tour of some of our favorite neighborhoods and see informational Area Guides.
Margaret Moore
As Wake County schools seems to change their minds every year regarding districts, I would advise not to base your home location soley on a single school location, as school assignment is not guaranteed. The great thing about the Morrisville/Cary area, is that they are all good schools, so you will likely be in luck no matter where you go. If you are still in need of a Realtor to assist you in your home purchase, feel free to contact me at MelissaP@hpw.com and I will be happy to help!
You're smart to be thinking about school assignments as you prepare to buy a home and you're also correct that our Wake County Schools assignment system has gone through some changes of late. Right now, it's hard to say exactly what the outcome will be but the political winds do appear to be blowing in the direction of a return to an address-based plan. Problem is, no one can say with any certainty which addresses will go to which schools. So while we wait for all that to sort itself out, it's a good time to figure out whether you feel like you would most enjoy living somewhere in Cary (a somewhat sprawling suburb of 100,000+), a bit more remotely in places like Morrisville, Apex, Fuquay, etc., or closer to one of our center cities of Raleigh or Durham. I see a lot of real estate searches start with the homes and I really feel like most people skip an important step in really learning about the communities first, what kind of amenities they want access to, what they want their "experience" of living somewhere to be like. Don't be afraid to ask a realtor to take the time to explore these communities with you BEFORE you start looking at individual houses. The good news is that while no one (who is being honest) can tell you for sure which address will ultimately get assigned to which school, that Wake County has one of the most outstanding school districts in the country. We're here in no small part because of that fact!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 20, 2012
""I really feel like most people skip an important step in really learning about the communities first, what kind of amenities they want access '' You said it , you're very smart saying what you said . So let me ask you - we're also moving from NJ , kids r in college so no school , fell in love with homes in Chatsworth and Carlyle but felt it's quiet there and we're like people around us . went to prestonwood and loved the vibrant area and the club but very low
inventory . What do you suggest ? We also thought we'd rent in the area until something comes up in Prestonwood in our price range 900K .Is there a posibility for new listings now in after June ?
Flag Mon Jun 17, 2013
Hello David, Thanks for your email and yes I do agree with you on the school topic as I have been following news very regularly. As my office is going to be located in RTP, I have read that carry and morrisville would be the best options as they also have very good schools. I am planning to visit the place to have a look around the city to get a feel of it before I make a move with my family. Can you please send me new housing communities coming up in carry and morrisville. I am looking for single family home in the range of upto $450K with aroud 3000 sq ft of house
Flag Sun Oct 21, 2012

I am not an agent or broker. I figured you may want information from someone not interested in selling you anything.I live in Morrisville and I believe it is a wonderful place to raise children. Currently my husband and I are renting, but will be buying a home within 12 months. I mention that because the only areas we want to live are Morrisville or Cary because we love the area that much. As a matter of fact, that is how I came across your question...I was looking for land.

I had a kid in Panther Creek High School and it is simply a fantastic school. I do not know for sure, but I hear that Morrisville Elementary is also very good. I do not have any information on Jr. High Schools.

Again, the Morrisville area is a wonderful place for your family. I hope you enjoy it once you move.

Good Luck
Morrisville/Cary is a great area! If you are looking for a realtor to helpy ou with your home purchase, feel free to contact me at MelissaP@hpw.com.
Thanks!
Flag Wed Jan 9, 2013
Thank you very much for your reply. Really appreciate it.
Flag Tue Oct 16, 2012
Hi Dhaval,

Let me start off by saying you really can't go wrong with a lot of the schools in Cary. With that said my question to you is this... Are you looking for a private school experience or public? For public school Cary HS is great. They have a lot of activities for the kids, I've heard good things from parents and they have a pretty high ranking on greatschools.org ( which you should visit that site as it ranks the schools). If you are looking for private I know some people that love Cary Christian School. Although if you are looking at private school St.Davids would be my choice. Speaking as a mom to a 3rd grader there I love it. It is in Raleigh but really not that far away. Lots of people live in Cary and go there. There are so many different area's and schools that would be beneficial for you. I would love to be able to send you a few things I think you would like. When are you planning on making the move? If you want feel free to send me an email and I will get you a few interesting homes sent your way the same day. Talk to you soon!

- The Real Estate Wonder Woman
http://www.realestatewonderwoman.com
Hi Dhaval, this is a very familiar question from most of my clients coming from out of state as our children's education is an absolute top priority for all of us. There are so many good schools in the area that you can't normally go wrong. But there is so much to discuss on this subject and therefore, it may be better to email me or call me at your convenience if you can.
Web Reference: http://www.RealTriangle.com
Dhaval Shah,

Please find below the link of my listing in Cary
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1010-Jewel-Creek-Dr-Cary-N…

I can be contacted on 919 636 1582
Or binnyreal@yahoo.com
Binny Joseph GRI
Realtor (Full time)
Binny Realty Inc.
3049 Kilarney Ridge Loop
Cary NC 27511
“Helping People to Buy & Sell Homes
Hello Deval,

This is Umesh Chokshi from Consult Realty. I would be more than happy to help you out. There are plenty of new homes coming up in this area depending on your preference and budget.
Regarding schools, you can find more information at the following
http://www.wcpss.net/school-directory/
Please let me know any specific questions you may have. Feel free to find additional information on my website.

Thank you.

With Best regards

Umesh Chokshi
Broker in Charge / Owner
Consult Realty Inc
http://www.ConsultRealty.com
Umesh.Chokshi@ConsultRealty.Com
Office: (919) 234 7094
Cell: (919) 638 3771
Dhaval,

Cary and Morrisville are excellent choices for relocation. Judging by what you have posted, the west Cary area (which surrounds Morrisville) and Morrisville sound like they would suit your needs.

Regarding the schools in these areas, please refer to the following link to evaluate the various schools associated within these areas.

http://www.ncreportcard.com/src/

Regarding crime and neighborhood safety, you can refer to the following links for Cary and Morrisville.

http://carync.areaconnect.com/crime1.htm
http://spotcrime.com/nc/morrisville

There are many questions that need to be answered and a lot of ducks to be put in a row before you decide to begin looking at homes, inlcuding whether you need to sell a home first, getting pre-qualified, coordinating a home search, and planning a trip to NC that will efficiently and effectively garner the results you are looking for without wastefully spending a lot of money.

I am a relocation certified Realtor with Coldwell Banker Advantage and assist buyers from all over the country on a daily basis, so I am very familiar with the elements of a cross country relocation. Looking at pretty homes on line is nice, but you will need an agent who is structured and organized and can do a lot of the leg work for you, to make that trip to NC a successful homebuying venture.

If you would like any further assistance, feel free to contact me any time, as I am available 24/7 to my clients. I look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your home search.

John Davison
Broker
Coldwell Banker Advantage
6020 Creedmoor Road
Raleigh, NC 27612
Cell: (919) 449-7721
“Available 24/7 for my valued clients!”
Hi
Most of Cary and Morrisville would be good choices, if you provide specifics, ie $ size preferences as far as yard, garage etc I would be happpy to send you homes to look at.
Michael
Dhaval:

First, let me commend you on your choice to move to the Silicon Valley of the east. As a former resident of Redwood Shores, just a little north of you, I moved here 8 years ago and love it. Both Cary and Morrisville are great places to live and raise kids. You can find great homes in many areas of both Cary and Morrisville but the Preston section of Morrisville with it rolling hills built around the Prestonwood golf course is particularly beautiful. There are a many neighborhoods in Cary to choose from but some favorites are Lochmere (also built around a golf course), Carpenter Village with its small town feel nearby to Morrisville. Wessex and Weston Estates and McGregor West feature larger, more expensive homes. Each home listing will contain information about the school district it's in and you can tailor your search based on that information as well. That's the short version. If I can be of assistance in your move, just let me know. And although you'll be trading the Sharks for the Hurricanes, you'll still be able to see some great hockey here in the Triangle. Good luck.
Thank you very much for your reply. The most important concern I have is that as per the new school admission system, even if I buy house in an area with good schools, kids are not guaranteed an admission to those schools and may end up going to school far (e.g in Raleigh) with low scoring and the worst part is that, they have to continue there for entire duration (for elementary) and follow the middle and high school path defined for that elementary. Any advise
Flag Mon Sep 10, 2012
I am happy to help. I have a unique perspective on this issue because not only I am a Realtor, but I am also an 8th grade science teacher at Mills Park Middle in Cary.

With that being said, most all of the homes in Cary and Morrisville offer safe living and a kid centered environment.

The area you decide to live in either of these communities will most likely be determined by the type of home you are looking for, land, price, size, new construction vs. preexisting.

I would be more than happy to discuss the options you have on the phone, buying a home is a big job and it is important to know that you have someone looking out for your best interests.

I look forward to working with you soon.

Gabe
gabe@paramountrealtysolutions.com
919.228.9421
Thank you all very much for your reply so far. My preference would be to purchase a new single family home between $400 and $450K with guest bedroom with full bath down stairs. House sq ft can be around 3000 with a lot size of around 9000-10000 sqft. But, again, the most important question is that as per the new school admission system, even if I buy house in an area with good schools, they are not guaranteed an admission to that and may end up going to school far with low scoring and the worst part is that, they have to continue there and follow the middle and high school path defined for that elementary. Any advise
Flag Mon Sep 10, 2012