Home Buying in Fort Myers>Question Details

Helgus, Home Buyer in Fort Myers, FL

Hello, Im from Europe. As the financial market in Europe is very uncertain, I want to buy a house in Fort Myers in one month. I can pay in cash 60.000

Asked by Helgus, Fort Myers, FL Sat Dec 10, 2011

Answers

12
Thank you for your contribution to the American Economy!

More seriously, there's not going to be a lot of properties available at that low a price in any urban area in the United States. In Fort Myers, there seem to be a handful of mobile homes, and a condo. You might want to consider more rural areas, or financing a more expensive property. You will also need to talk to a financial professional about the tax issues related to buying a home in the United States.

Happy Hunting!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 10, 2011
Hello Helgus,
good move as the European market is so much in question right now. Pricing in SW Florida is at a low, but is back on the rise. That's the good news. The bad news is that $60,000 isn't necessarily going to buy much as a straight cash purchase. Why not look at leveraging that cash. There is lending available for foreign nationals with a lower down payment (10-20%) with good rates (6-7%). This is made possible by private lenders. I can get you all the information.

Neil G. Blair-Bennett
(239) 645-3798
Web Reference: http://HopeHomesUSA.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 10, 2011
Smart decision.....Good luck. Let us know if you need assistance.

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
http://www.Domain-RealtyGroup.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 11, 2011
Hi helgus,

I found an excellent home in Cape Coral for you for $68,000 which rents for $800/month, some others for $60K and under but they need a bit of "light work". that is needs new carpets and such..Nothing to much.The first one is very well located. There are some others in the high 50's but most are short sales. We can discuss this term..
Happy Hunting!

LLOYD NICHOLS
Premier Sandals Swfl Realty
cell: (239) 810-2980
work: (239) 463 5217
skype: lloyd . nichols
Hi Helgus,
The area of Collier County and Lee County has seen a strong wave of buyers from Europe the last few years.
I have worked with many Europeens who want a strong investment and plan to rent afterwards. I can help you first by connecting you to a leading foreign exchange company and international money transfer, which will offer you a better rate and lower fees for your Euro and secondly assist you with our contracts, finding the proper property, and either manage for you your property or suggest to you a good rental Agency, find you competitive home insurance and make the whole transaction easier for you. That is if you want to rent it.
It is indeed a very attractive time to purchase for Europeens. I also speak French and some Italian.
You may sign up on my site through the "listingbook" below link.It is the section on the right hand front page:: " Search Like An Agent"
If you want to discuss details with me I am at 239-463-5217( all numbers go through), or on my cell ( some numbers from Europe do not go through on my cell) at 239-810-2980 or on Skype below info. Otherwise e-mail me at realtorlloydn@aol.com and feel free to ask me direct questions. .

Otherwise good luck and Happy Hunting!

LLOYD NICHOLS
Premier Sandals Swfl Realty
cell: (239) 810-2980
work: (239) 463 5217
skype: lloyd . nichols
Hi there Helgus,
I can't wait to help you get started on your home hunt. This site link below allows me to give you full access to our FL Gulf Coast Multiple Listing Service and daily updates to our market. As you find the favorites I can look at them, take additional pictures and email you all the details. Let's get started once you get logged in and set your search criteria. Looking forward to helping you.

Sarah Garrett, Realtor
ALLIANCE REALTY GROUP
"Chosen Best in Client Satisfaction 2006-2011" by Gulfshore Life Magazine
Email: sarahgarrett@argfl.com
MLS Link:
Hi Helgus,

Welcome to Fort Myers. You can definitely find a nice condo in that price range in Fort Myers or a small home in Cape Coral. Feel free to contact me by email or phone and I would be happy to provide you with more information.

Arthur Janowski
239-823-7745
arthurjanowski@yahoo.com
Now is a good time to buy in SW Florida. My question is what are you going to do with the property after you buy it. Are you going to use it as a vacation home, rental or just a safe place to invest your money. If you are going to use it as a vacation home then I would recommend a condo for security and maintenance reasons. As far as rentals there are still some homes in Lehigh and the cape that could make nice rentals for your price. If you are looking for a safe place to keep your money but have no plans for it then I would go with a vacant lot(s).

If you let me know what you want I will help you find just the right property for your needs

My email mickheuerman@gmail.com and Phone number 239-770-7660
Hello

Here is a link to all properties by catagory.

http://Www.kevincloutier.com

Just email me when you find one you like. Kevin@kevincloutier.com
I would be happy to send you what is available in the Cape Coral, Ft Myers and Lehigh Acres areas. Just send me your e-mail address.
like other have said, you can no longer get a "move in ready" home in that price range. If you are willing to put some work into paint and flooring, your choices impove. The good news for you is that the exchange rates are good for you right now.
I look forward to hearing from you and working with you to find a good deal.
Marge Bennett
RE/MAX Realty Group
239-560-4159
Marge@MargeBennett.com
You can find a home in Cape Coral for $60K . Close to the water and a great city to Live in!

Use my Web site to search the area and get email alerts when new properties come on the market that meet your criteria!

Robert Tyler
Diamonds Real Estate Inc

http://www.FLEasyLiving.com

"Search the MLS Live like an Agent!"

Market insider information!

Area Sales infomation!

Up-to-Date Listings!
Web Reference: http://www.FLEasyLiving.com
If you are looking for a single family home, your choices in Fort Myers will be limited. Lehigh Acres would offer many more choices. You can start your search by clicking the link below.