Home Buying in Los Lunas>Question Details

rcm0812, Renter in Los Lunas, NM

Hello I recently found a home to lease in Los Lunas, 1363 Crestview. How can I find out if the landlord is legit.?

Asked by rcm0812, Los Lunas, NM Mon Nov 5, 2012

Answers

4
Leslie Rojas’ answer
You can also call the county assessors at 505.866.2065 or visit their website under GIS mapping and look for the property to verify the owner of record. If in fact is a corporation or a trust account, you can request paper work from the landlord showing that he is authorize to act in behalf of the corporation/trust account.
Good luck!!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 5, 2012
The landlord should have information like the legal description: Lot 5 Block A of the Crestview Addition. They would also know the size of the lot (22215 SF or .51acres) , SF of the house (2800 SF), past improvements, etc. The property appears to be in a trust account which could make it less likely that the owner has detailed information. I can forward who the trustee is if you send me an email to Arthur.F.Miller@RealLiving.com.
Is the landlord working with a property management company? If not, you'll want to take some to verify that the landlord indeed owns the property. One method is, call or visit the county website and compare the information the landlord is providing with what is on record for the property. Be sure to check ID, etc.

Then, remember, if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Leigh-Jo
Syan Real Estate
Call/Text: (505) 730-8181
Web Reference: http://www.Syan.com
I can do some research for you. Send me the address and I will let you know who the owner is. Arthur.F.Miller@RealLiving.com. It only takes me a couple minutes so don't worry about any compensation.