Home Buying in New York>Question Details

montedop, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Hello, I'm looking for a dedicated exclusive buyers agent to help me find a strarter coop/condo in manhatten? thank you, monte

Asked by montedop, New York, NY Mon Apr 22, 2013

Answers

31
Hi Monte,
I work with many first time buyers and my business is mostly referral based. I would be most happy to put you in touch with past clients. To me, a referral from past clients speak volumes.
I have been a NYC broker for 10 years and know the city like the back of my hand.
I would be most interested in speaking to determine your needs.
Please contact me.
Michele Portnof
licensed associate broker
Charles Rutenberg realty
mportnof@crrnyc.com
917.842.5792
Hi Monte,
Please contact me.
Michele Portnof
licensed associate broker
Charles Rutenberg realty
mportnof@crrnyc.com
917.842.5792
Hi Monte, you stirred up an interesting discussion in response to your inquiry. hope you will be able to choose great agent to represent you in your first home in Manhattan. You need someone who has a great knowledge of available listings, coop rules and regulations and is well versed in preparing bullet-proof board packages. Many brokers pointed out that they are exclusive buyer's agents and do not have any listings of their own. In my opinion, it should not be a critical factor when choosing a broker, as long as you are not buying their own exclusive listing and there is no conflict of interest on their part. Interview several agents and choose the one you have a better connection with, who is the most responsive, efficient and dedicated to provide you with ongoing support from the very beginning of the process and until closing.
Hi Monte - I agree with Mike Marshall (who is a true Exclusive Buyer Agent - as I am) -- in that it appears NOT one of these agents that posted are true exclusive buyer agents. You would think real estate agents/brokers would know what a dedicated exclusive buyer agent is.

An Exclusive Buyer Agent never lists property for sale - nor does their company - so they can't get in any dual agency conflict of interest situations - like a buyer agent can (whom you may sign an Exclusive Buyer Agency agreement with - but that does not mean that they are an Exclusive Buyer Agent)

You can read more at http://www.naeba.org or my web site at http://www.buyerbrokerchicago.com I'll be happy to refer you to a great Exclusive Buyer Agent in Manhatten if you send along an e-mail or call me.
Monte,

Please feel free to contact me at your convenience to have access to all currently available listings within your requirements. I will provide you with our "Get started in Manhattan Real Estate Guide" which contains a lot of important and interesting information about purchase in NYC.

Will be happy to find you your perfect starter apartment in the city and share my knowledge and insights with you.

For some client reviews please click here: http://www.trulia.com/profile/RothschildRealtyAssociatesLuxu…

Best wishes,

Nataly Rothschild
Rothschild Realty Associates, LLC
Email: nataly@rothschildra.com
Hi Monte,
I am a licensed real estate broker in Manhattan who deals mostly with buyers. I can easily put you in touch with past clients for referrals. I have lived in Manhattan since the 70's and am most familiar with Manhattan. I would love to discuss your needs. The commission is in most cases, built into the sale price. Manhattan is a different market than other areas. With condo and co op board packages required, it is most important to deal with a broker who is familiar with the process and can guide you properly.
Please contact me
Michele Portnof
SVP/Associate Broker
Charles Rutenberg Realty
mportnof@crrnyc.com
Hi Montedop,
As an exclusive buyer's agent I can help you find an appropriately priced and well outfitted property that matches your expectations.

Sanjaya Shakya
Core Homes & Properties
(917)359-4859
sanjayarealtor@gmail.com
Hello Montedop,
I am a dedicated exclusive buyers agent /broker here in Manhattan. There is no extra cost or charge as as the listed properties here include a co-broke commission for the buyers agent/broker.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Jolie Muss
Licensed Real Estate Broker & Brokerage
"The Upper West Side's Buyer Broker"
331 Columbus Avenue, New York, NY 10023
Office: 212 721-3301 Email: broker@joliemuss.com
Website: http://joliemuss.com Trulia: http://www.trulia.com/profile/jolie
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jojomuss LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/joliemuss
Hi Monte, I can't help you. I'm a Real Estate Buyer Broker in central Ohio. I've been a dedicated (true) exclusive buyer broker for 18+ years. I'm just skimmed about 5-6 of these agent replies below and it appears NOT one of these agents are true exclusive buyer agents. You would think real estate agents/brokers would know what a dedicated exclusive buyer agent means and understand your questions. I hope you were able to find a dedicated buyer broker. Good luck, HomeBuyer Advocate Mike.
http://mybuyerbrokerblog.com/
You are correct Marshall! Luckily I read my email from Trulia today! Regards, Jolie
Flag Sun Apr 28, 2013
feel free to give me a call or email.
i will do everything i can to help!
thanks,bob brooks
9177496332
SVP ac Lawrence and company
Hello Monte. There is much to know about the process of purchasing in Manhattan but an experienced buyers broker can make it a smooth journey to ownership.

It starts with making an appointment to discuss what you have in mind, what you might be flexible on and what you won't do without. There are many fantastic apartments and buildings. Finances and credit are an important aspect as well.

Your time frame to close on a new place is important and we need to know if you are trying to time the purchase with a lease coming to an end. In short there are things to discuss.

If I may be of service, please feel free to contact me directly. Good luck.

Joseph C. Hastings
NYS Licensed Broker Associate
Douglas Elliman Real Estate
joseph.hastings@elliman.com
Cell: 1-917-579-1502
Hi Montedop:

You are going to have a long list of folks offering their services! Critical is understanding how to interview them:
1) First and foremost, see how they speak to you, to ensure that they meet your needs. Some people need a lot of explanation, some people don't. Some people need cut and dry, some people need it more detailed...you need to find someone that communicates the way you like.
2) If you are considering a co-op, ensure that you have someone who can strategically think through your board package, define what that means to them, and can detail the steps to get you through the board. Board packages are not fill in the blank regardless of what a lot of people think.
3) Make sure that you have someone who is smart. You need them to play chess, not checkers and make moves that get you your deal, and close with minimal pain. They should also have a good balance between data driven decisions and good instincts on how the market is moving.

Also, as much as the attached link is directed to sellers, the interview questions in the body of this article I think are particularly good. Adapt them to your needs as you will be a buyer and not a seller:
http://theapplepeeled.com/buyers/how-to-choose-a-broker-the-…

Good luck in choosing your real estate agent!

Kelly Killian
Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker
Vice President
Charles Rutenberg - Manhattan
Cell 954-675-9915
Hello Monte:

My company would be happy to work with you. What area in Manhattan do you have in mind, are you paying cash or obtaining a mortgage?, these are just a few questions. You can contact my office and we will assist you with your move.

Office: 212-665-0800
i will be happy to help, please take a look at my profile and contact me directly.
Looking forward hearing from you soon.
Masha

Masha Sales
Citi Habitats
37 Third Avenue NYC NY 10003
Mobile 917.658.3667 | Direct 646.398.6108 | EFax 917.262.7375
masha@citihabitats.com
http://www.citi-habitats.com/agent_profile.php?id=ALE
I can rfer a great buyers agent if you would like. Feel free to message me directly for their info.Chris
Please contact me for assistance. My name is Tanuja and I can be reached at 347-882-0353.
Hi Monte

Please feel free to contact me - 646 470 2022.

I work exclusively with buyers at no cost them as my fee is paid by the seller's agent.

I look forward to working with you.

Didier Ciambra
Licensed Real Estate Agent

UPTON REALTY GROUP
Estate Agents & Property Stewards
230 Fifth Avenue, Suite 307
New York, NY 10001

(M) 646 470 2022

(O) 212.837.1699
(F) 917.677.5435

didier@uptonrealtygroup.com
http://www.UptonRealtyGroup.com

Making Clients into Friends & Friends into Family
Monte,

Please feel free to call me at 646-737-9626 for buyers consultation. I work mostly with buyers especially first timers.

Looking forward to it.

Parish
parish.pradhan@kwnyc.com
Janine Ballato
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson

The Rana Williams Group
Keller Williams NYC
425 Park Avenue, 6th Floor | New York, NY 10022
D: 646-737-9792 | M: 917-553-6171 | F: 212-838-1956
Email: jballato@kwnyc.com | View My Listings
Contact me
Sanjaya Shakya
Core Homes & Properties
71-58 Austin Street #209
Forest Hills, NY 11375
(917)359-4859
(646)206-2366
sanjayarealtor@gmail.com
Feel free to contact me or my team. We assist many first time buyers and make the process as stress-free as possible.

DANGELLER
GELLERGROUP | President
Chairman, Strategic Alliances Committee
ALC Board of Directors Member
Keller Williams NYC | 425 Park Avenue, 6th Floor | New York, NY 10022
P: (646) 737-9665 | C: (917) 733-5587 | dgeller@kwnyc.com gellergroup@kwnyc.com
LuxuryRealEstateSalesNYC.com
Good afternoon,

Please feel free to contact me for anything you might need.
I am just a phone call away and happy to help

best regards,
Laurence
Hello Monte,

There are numerous qualified agents in Manhattan that would guide you in your search. You should call a few in order to get a good idea of the ideal match for you.

I work exclusively for buyers and would love the opportunity to chat with you.

Doug LaBrecque
GPS Real Estate
doug@wesellny.com
917-292-5173
Hi Monte, You've found the right place to find an agent. I'm a broker at Douglas Elliman and have access to all listings in the City of NY. I'm also a Certified Negotiation Expert. Although in NYC we don't normally work in exclusivity with most buyers it's quite refrreshing that you are taking this step in your search. Please email me at irene.henry@elliman.com to communicate further. Good Luck and Congrats for making a smart decision!!
Hello Monte,

Being a working licensed real estate appraiser and a Manhattan real estate broker, I not only know how to affix value to property but know how to spot an over priced apartment, so my buyers do not overpay.

I have also been in the business for a little over 10 years. You will not find many brokers who are also appraisers in any marketplace-- so I offer my clients a higher level of real expertise, that most brokers cannot.

Thats be ing said, I would like to add that you should still do your own due diligence about the person you choose to work with.

Jennifer A. Chiongbian
SVP/ Associate Broker
Rutenberg Realty NYC
9172502284
Here she is! Call me 718-619-3402. I would be more then happy to help.

Christine Amerosa
New Vista Horizons
718-619-3402
Montedop,

Feel free to contact me and my team.

DANGELLER
GELLERGROUP | President
Chairman, Strategic Alliances Committee
ALC Board of Directors Member
C: (917) 733-5587 | dgeller@kwnyc.com gellergroup@kwnyc.com
LuxuryRealEstateSalesNYC.com
Ask people you may know for referrals; or contact and interview a few local agents from different realty companies, then choose the one you like best.....
Hello Monte,

I've worked with numerous first time buyers in different neighborhoods in Manhattan and would love to sit down to discuss exactly what you're looking for. As your buyers agent I will work to find your ideal apartment at no cost to you (My compensation comes strictly from the seller's agents commission)

Feel free to contact me any time at ericd@nestseekers.com or (631) 662 5579. Take care Monte!

Eric Detelich
Nestseekers International
Hello Monte,

I would be delighted to assist you. As an experienced buyer's broker I have an excellent knowledge of the Manhattan real estate market.

Please feel free to call me at the number below to discuss your needs. I will discuss the buying process with you and answer any and all questions you may have.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Ross Ellis
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Member of Real Estate Board of New York
212.317.7828 direct
770 Lexington Avenue, 10th Floor New York, NY 10065
rellis@halstead.com
Hi Monte,

I can help you with finding your new home! I specialize in finding starter homes for buyers. I would like to speak to you about what you are looking for, and help you answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to give me a call at 917-699-0511. I look forward to hearing from you.

Rob Fusaro
Citi-Habitats