Home Buying in Orlando>Question Details

Chris, Home Buyer in Orlando, FL

Hello, I'm a Canadian looking to buy an investment property

Asked by Chris, Orlando, FL Sat Apr 7, 2012

I'm a Canadian looking to buy an investment home in Orlando, ideally near disney area. I need some expert advise on which area and a agent to help before i come down to buy. my intend is to buy this property and rent out for longterm. I'd heard of Winderemere area and looking to understand if this is a good area for investment if not what is an ideal location for long term rental. What is better, a single home or townhome for my purpose?

Answers

22
If interest rate is important, don't pay over 3.00% before you contact me!

Example: on a $500k purchase of a listed home in FL, my realtor partners are ready and willing to assist in Buying down rates with up to $10,000 in Buyer’s Agent Credit to my borrower/buyer referrals.

Out of the 3% = $15,000 real estate commission up for grabs to any realtor with a buyer, they’re happy with keeping $5,000 (the same as they make selling a $166,000 home) and crediting back up to $10,000 to my borrowers.

Heck, 3 of these deals per month making $5,000 would make them an extra $180,000 from Mortgage Broker referrals!

See example of Realtor GFB here:

http://www.trulia.com/blog/steve_31/2012/06/realtor_gfb_this…

This buyer’s agent credit can also benefit buyers in these ways:
pay for Closing Costs
pay for Loan Interest Rate Reduction
pay for a Gift Card to Home Depot, Lowes, Best Buy
pay towards Buyer’s down payment /certain programs
pay for the 1st full year of home owner’s insurance
pay for taxes and ins. escrows
pay for a Home Warranty
pay for home repairs
pay off credit card debt
pay off car loans
pay off motorcycle loans
pay off boat loans
pay towards a new boat
pay off collections and judgments
pay to lower the sales price even further
pay towards new furniture, TV, Sound System, etc.
pay to upgrade all new appliances
pay for home remodeling and additions
pay to have home painted interior and/or exterior
pay for weekly pool maintenance
pay for credit repair
pay towards a boat purchase
pay for landscaping
pay for monthly lawn care
pay for Security System and monthly payments
pay for new flooring
pay for new A/C system
Even pay prior realtor for past efforts showing properties

Contact me and I’ll introduce you to realtors who offer this savings to my buyer referrals anywhere in FL.

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage
http://www.pro-option.com
steve@pro-option.com
Ph: 888 662 4404
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 26, 2012
I have a beautiful property near Universal Studios Orlando FL if you are interested let me know at flamingoinvestment@netzero.com.
Well I guess I'll throw my hat into this ever expanding arena of offers. Very briefly, we work mostly with Canadians and other overseas investors - we also do their property management for them in-house - and sell when they are ready to sell. In this way, we help you through the entire life cycle of your investment without having to have a bunch of different people working for you. Check out our site below and get in touch if you have any questions.
Many thanks.
Marcus Burke.
Hello Chris,

Please visit my website http://www.FLhomeinOne.com where you will find a lot of useful information pertaining to your questions. In terms of investing, here is a solid opportunity http://www.flhomeinone.com/Lake_Nona

I do have a number of Canadian clients and would be happy to discuss the options available to you. I will also be visiting Canada this month; please feel free to call me at Tel # 407-744-1827.

Best Regards!

Imran Mohamed- ABR®, SFR®, RESS
Coldwell Banker Ackley Realty
Office: 407-846-4040 Ext 626
Fax: 407-846-3407
http://www.FLhomeinOne.com
http://www.FLshortsalePros.com
Chair: Global Alliance Committee -(Osceola County Association of REALTOR®)

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why...I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" -Robert Kennedy
Hi Chris,

I am a Canadian looking to buy home in Orlando too. The information posted here are helpful.
Are you purchased any home yet? Any information you can share here?

Thank you.
Hi Chris,

Before we go further, I want to tell you a little bit about Orlando. The city is one of the few in Florida where the real estate market has increased periodically in value, some neighborhoods more than others. It has been possible due to much investment from foreigners. Hence, demand has been kept relatively high for income properties. The hook is not only the high volume of tourists, but the desirable area that makes people want to live there.

Windermere is a really great area, and it is close to Disney. Normally, people who buy in this area are people who intend to reside there due to the great schools, community, and the up and coming neighborhoods. Therefore, it makes it a fantastic opportunity for investment because it attracts long term renters that look for stability and quality. There are a number of areas that would also make a good income property for you, still being close to Disney. Some of these are Dr. Phillips, some Kissimmee areas, and Hunter's Creek. I think it comes down to your budget for investment because WIndermere and Dr. Phillips are considered more high end attracting young professionals and families. Hunter's Creek is still a well established neighborhood with a great location. Some Kissimmee areas are also good, but they are considered on the lower end of the options I gave you. Nevertheless, each one of them will generate rental income for you.

Now, in regard to your last question, it depends on your budget and plan on property management. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages:

- Single Family Home:

Advantages:
1. You can modify or improve it as you wish
2. Re-sale value is generally the highest on a single family home
3. You can add on to the existing home if more room is needed
4. Homeowner's association is usually cost less than those in condo and many townhouses

Disadvantages:
1. All maintenance and repair costs are your responsibility including electricity, gas, water, sewer and trash removal.
2. Lack of amenities (for example, community pools, gym, playgrounds, etc.) that you may find in a condo or townhouse
3. You are responsible for upkeep and landscaping
4. Generally, single family homes are more expensive

- Townhome

Advantages:
1. Less exterior maintenance and repairs
2. There may be amenities in the community such as pools, tennis courts, playground, etc.
3. Sharing common walls with neighbors may bring a greater sense of security
4. It simulates the single family home lifestyle, and it may cost less than a single family home.

Disadvantages:
1. You are responsible for Home Owner's Association fees (which cover common areas and other "perks" of community living).
2. Your options for changing the exterior look of your house will be limited
3. Sharing common walls with your neighbors, you give up privacy as compared to SFRs

If your budget is substantial ($130,000+), I would recommend a single family home simply because it has a higher resell value. It is also more convenient if you hire a property manager because it involves more up keeping. However, if you plan to manage the property yourself from overseas, it might not be a good idea because it can become a burden for you. A townhome still has the single family residence feel, and it can be a great option if you plan to manage the property yourself because the homeowner's association will take care of many things for you. Therefore, in order to give you a personalized answer, I need to know your budget and plan on property management.

Rest assured you made a good decision on investing in Orlando because even when properties are increasing, you can get a a fantastic property for the money when compared to other more expensive cities like Miami and Fort Lauderdale.

Julian Rafael Acosta
Hi Chris,

As a real estate professional I can give you my honest opinion that Windermere may not be the best place to invest in. I believe that its a great place to live and is one of the best markets in Orlando. But you have to look at from a resale standpoint. Having a property occupied with a tenant for periods of time can really draw down the home values for the area. I would really hate to see you invest in an area, then when you may try to resale or refinance 10, 15 years down the road you've lost equity in your home.

A better place you may want to invest in may be Kissimmee which is in Osceola County just south of the Disney area about 5-10 minutes. Another, good area is the Four Corners. That area is infused with many vacation rental villas that you can lease out and use at your leisure when you're back in town. My firm does have a property management division that could help you with this entire process. Dr. Phillips, which neighbors Windermere, is also a great place to invest.

Its always worth the risk, because you know the more you take the more reward you'll win in the end. I do work in the Southwest Orlando area and I do specialize in the Dr. Phillips and Windermere market. I help facilitate a lot of deals with investment properties, and I do believe that I'm very capable to help you achieve your goals.

I have a real estate investment guide available upon request and I'm also a candidate GRI designee, and I have extensive knowledge and training in investments in a whole. If you are serious about investing please consult me. I do know of some great areas and communities both in and around the Windermere city center.

I work for one of the Leading Real Estate Companies (not many other agents and firms can say this). And I do offer a lot of options and services to help all of my customers. I would love to share my knowledge and expertise of the area with you. Please don't be afraid to use me as a resource, as I'm only one call away!

-Domanique Rutledge
Watson Realty Corp.
(407) 307-5850
Visit DomaniqueRutledge.com your RE search destination!
Hello Chris

I live in Windermere and I agree that this is a excellent place to invest. Windermere is one of the wealthiest zip codes in Central Florida and the fastest growing area. Windermere was voted one of the best places in Florida to raise a family All of this translates into a market that is on the high end for rents and upd
Side appreciation . I am a top 25 agent in this market. And I know how to help you make a wise decision. I have helped many Canadians. Please give me a call at 407-488-8802 to discuss your options and interests.

Best regards

John Gordon
Keller WIlliams CLassic Realty
Development director
Gordonentinc@aol.com
Hi Chris,

I've made 13 sales so far this year and 5 were for Canadians, mostly Chinese Canadians who all buy for invesment. Most of my investors buy in the area around the medical city in Lake Nona, which is southeast Orlando. You can read all about the opportunity on my website.

I do show my clients Windermere and Dr. Phillips as well, but so far every single one of them has chosen the medical city area to invest in, not Windermere/Dr. Phillips. I appreciate that Canadians know Disney and thus the areas right around Disney, but that's not where the best opportunities lie.

I encourage you to check the references and recommendations of all the agents who have responded. They are right here on Trulia, just click on our pictures and you will see what our clients say about us. (I've got more over on Zillow as well: http://www.zillow.com/profile/Mark-LeMenager/ )

I do have a guide to the buying process for Canadians as well. Contact me if you'd like a copy.

Townhouse versus single family really comes down to budget. My investors (and me too) have bought both and are happy with the results. All else being equal a single family should have more capital appreciation than a towhhouse.

Hope to here from you.

Mark LeMenager
Find your next house with the click of a mouse.
Search the MLS without obligation or registration from my website.
Chris
I'm primarily a buyers agent.
I work with many Canadian's and other foreign nationals from the UK, Europe and Australia.
What you're looking for is what I do.
Please feel free to call me directly to discuss in more detail so I can provide you with examples of properties which may be of interest and those that fit your specific criteria & budget.
Looking forward to hearing from you at your convenience.
Chris
Hello Chris,
I can help you with your investment.
Call me at 407-729-3894
Boujidi1@yahoo.com
http://Www.OrlandoTopRealtor.com
Check out sunstatecanhelp.com. We work with investors from all over. Check out the stress free investing page - it has details about our guaranteed rent program.

Howard
727-244-3664
Lots of good answer here. Windermere is in much demand by families because of the good schools and other family amenities. I live and work in Windermere and I have set up a special search page for those folks looking to buy and or rent here too. I have a property manager who can look after the long term rentals that you will be looking for.

Please have a look at

http://www.frontlinefloridarealty.com/Windermere

and roll your mouse over my profile picture to see how to contact me further

Bye for now

Alan
Sylvia Paul, Agent, Orlando, FL Hi Chris,

Thank you very much for your inquiry. You have raised some very pertinent questions and I would love to work with you. My office in in Dr. Phillips which is an area that is highly sought after because it has everything!! Easy access to the theme parks, great shopping, excellent schools, fine dining, hospital and area golf courses. It fact it is neighbor to to Bay Hill which has a great pull because of the renown Arnold Palmer golf course which brings in top golfers from around the world. In fact,
the Arnold Palmer's PGA invitational tournament was held here just a few weeks ago.

Windermere is nearby and is very highly rated. The area offers a mix of luxury lakefront estate homes in gated golf course communities, other single family homes, condos and townhomes.
It is pristine, peaceful and highly desirable.

All that being said, prices are not cheap but the right investment in either of these areas would be sound and now is a great time to get in because prices are on the upslide but there is still room for further appreciation.

Whether you purchase a single family home, townhome or condo will pretty much depend on how much you want to invest.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss the options with you further by telephone, or in a personal email. With their permission, I would love you to speak with my former clients from Canada, the Marrs, whom I helped to purchase a condo sight unseen, and oversee their furniture purchase at no cost.

Feel free to call me at 407-864-3139, or send a quick email to: sylvia@sylviapaulrocks.com

Sylvia Paul
Realty Center
Hi Chris,

If you want a "Disney friendy" area, I would suggest the S Interntional Drive area, near Downtown Disney or Kissimmee/Davenport.
There are some great and very rentable condos around Downtown Disney which are easy rentals at good monthly rents.
If you want single family homes, I recommend Kissimmee/Davenport, close to Disney World.
Of course, budget is an important consideration ....
Windermere is very lovely, but for a different kind of renter.
Everything in Orlando, with few exceptions, is a good investment right now.
I hope that answers your questions for a start.
Please check out my website, for my international credentials.
http://www.orlandorealtyqueen.com
raquel@orlandorealtyqueen.com (email).
Have a Happy Easter
Hi Chris,
If you would like some assistance, please feel free to give me a call. I have and I'm currently working with a few Canadians right now. I used to live in Canada myself and I am familiar with the area you are thinking of. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Devi Pokhoy
Florida Realty Investments
dpokhoy@hotmail.com
407-227-3886
Chris,

Half of my clients are investors, selling real estate in central Florida since 1994, if you want send me your e mail, I will send you properties with price etc., if you want to you can check my web site at http://www.centralflhome.org ,

Krowne Realty
Daniel Schmaltz
Cell : 407-770-4241
E-mail : centralflhomes@yahoo.com
Good Moning Chris

I will be happy to help you finding the house, please send me a email at cuevashumbert@gmail.com with the information that you need, and I will send you some property in the area.

Humberto Cuevas
cuevashumbert@gmail.com
La Rosa Realty
Hi Chris,
Thanks for using Trulia for your real estate questions!
You will get alot of great answers from alot of great agents.

I have 5 Canadian buyers right now that I am working with.
We are working at long and short term rentals....around the Disney area and surrounding areas as well.
Long term rental investments are great if you find the right area and the right price!

Let me know if I can be of help...my buyers, I'm sure would give you great recommendation and review of my work!

Carol Bauza
Charles Rutenberg Realty
carol@carolshome.com
Hello Chris

Here is a list of all the properties currently for sale in Windermere and surrounding areas.

http://mfr.mlxchange.com/DotNet/Pub/EmailView.aspx?r=1298228…

Let me know if any are to your interest. We currently work with an investor from Canada and we can provide that reference to you.

Thanks and look forward to your response.

Javier Rodríguez, SFR
Real Estate Broker, REALTOR ®
HouseStar Realty Group Inc.
Lic: BK703443

: 407.429.5243 | Cell: 407.301.3401 | eFax: 407-830-5633
: jrodriguez@housestarrealty.com
: Main Office: 1033 Semoran Blvd Suite 245 | Casselberry, FL | 32707 USA
"There are no perfect men, only perfect intentions"

Websites
http://www.facebook.com/bienesraicesenorlando
http://www.clasificadosenflorida.com
http://www.myfloridahomesmls.com/centralfloridarealtor
http://centralforidarealtor.mfr.mlxchange.com
Hi Chris, we work with about 80% Canadian investors right now. We help them purchase property and we then manage it for them until they are ready to sell. We then help them sell it. We're here for the entire life cycle of the investment from purchase to resale. Feel free to get in touch to chat if you'd like. I would say single family homes are best, but they cost a little more than townhomes so it all depends on your budget. There is also the issue of loans if you are not a cash buyer. I can also help with that. Windermere is a great location but rather pricey. Again, depends on your budget.
--
Marcus Burke, PhD, Realtor®, GRI, e-PRO, ACRE, REPM, CNE
Lic. Real Estate Broker, Condo Metropolis LLC
407-290-3408
Marcus@OrlandoRealEstatePros.com
I currently manage 14 properties in the Orlando/winter garden/kissimmee area. All purchased as distressed property and rented after renovations. They range in price from 45-110k and have cap rates between 8-15%. If you would like to see the examples and their respective rental history, send me an email and I would be happy to send you the details. I have a step by step process for buying REO's and can send to you so that you are prepared to make a good investment as soon as we find the right property. This market is about being prepared and being quick. I will help describe why certain areas are good and other are not based on what your goals are. If your interested and want more info, send me an email. Best of luck! Danny
I represent Majid Al Futtaim Holding Company Of United Arab Emirates, (Middle East) as Chief Executive Officer (CEO).

Having come through your contact information via the internet business directory.We would like to know if you will be willing to take up our offer of becoming our business partner in your country.
Your job entail helping us to establish a trading name in your business operations while we invest with over $50 Million US Dollars and at the same time share the profits according to any discreet stipulated agreements made by both parties.
Upon acceptance of this offer,we shall make arrangement for a possible business meeting between you and my associates in London or UAE for Familiarization and subsequent mobilization.Your flight expenses,hotel reservations and other
modalities will be refunded to you.The company awaits to know your decision about this offer, So please kindly get back to me immediately for more discussions and is better you writ majid2alfuttaim@gmail.com
Flag Fri Apr 26, 2013

Your job entail helping us to establish a trading name in your business operations while we invest with over $20 Million US Dollars and at the same time share the profits according to any discreet stipulated agreements made by both parties.

Flag Fri Apr 26, 2013