drea0602, Home Buyer in 47130

Hello I have a credit score of 604 and am wanting to purchase a home, is this possible with this score?

Asked by drea0602, 47130 Wed Mar 26, 2014

Answers

2
Drea,
I hope this helps....
Go to wherever you do your banking or a credit Union that you may do business with and explain exactly what you have in mind... They can set you on the right path... maybe the credit score is incorrect or maybe you have so work to do... But getting everything fixed up and moving forward will make you very happy and then you wont have to worry and get the place of your dreams... best of luck on your search
Drea,
Possibly, but your lending options will be limited. How did you get your score? Lenders use the middle score from the three main reporting agencies, Experian, Equifax and Transunion. If you obtained your score yourself online, chances are it's not accurate.
Beside a credit score, you need to have secure income from a reliable employer. Enough income to cover your current debts and a mortgage payment. Enough savings to pay your down payment and have something left over for a rainy day.
Rather than guess or try to figure this out on your own, I would encourage you to meet with a great local lender. They should have FHA available, as this would be your most likely option if your score is accurate, but a full range of other options if things are better than anticipated.