alessandro, Home Buyer in Jackson Heights, Que...

Hello, I'd like some help/suggestion about a starting home in Port Washington. I'd like something close to the water and to the train for

Asked by alessandro, Jackson Heights, Queens, NY Sun Oct 11, 2009

What would be a minimum decent budget to start? (Foreclosure included).

Much depends on your individual definition of a good starting home, and your specific requirements and needs. Firstly, examine your finances, including how much you have for a down payment and closing expenses, your credit rating, your desired monthly payment (which will include principal, interest, taxes and escrow), etc. Then speak confidentially to a real estate professional. Remember to discuss the difference in agency arrangements between a buyers and sellers agent.

Richard Brody, Licensed Salesperson
Alessandro, it depends on your specific criteria, contact me with your wants and needs in a property and I'll send you the results of your customized MLSLI search.
Bill Bodouva, Broker Owner, ABR*, SFR, e-PRO 516-815-6600 or
Hi Alessandro: I think all of these Real Estate pro's are terrific and highly experienced though I offer a different approach which is simply to ask "whats your budget?" and "how much room do you need?" Pre-approvals and inventory are great and necessary, but the process of buying a starter home starts with you! I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further. Best Regards, Peter/Prudential Douglas Elliman, Port Washington, NY 11050 (516) 669-7596
I agree with Jeff to speak with a Mortgage professional. My next suggestion, set up an appointment with real estate professional to get a tour of the area and get an idea what the prices are in the neighborhood you are interested in. It would be my pleasure to educate you on Port Washington.
Hi Alessandro, whether you're looking for a co-op, condo or a single family home you may want to be pre-approved by our Home Mortgage Consultant. This way, you'll get to see how much house you can afford on the budget you set for yourself. I recently sold a house with waterview for $801,000. Since you also want to be close to the train in addition to the water, the home prices will vary. You can check out my Trulia website and search for homes in Port Washington:
You can also call me at 917-741-8294 to discuss.
Dear Mr. Alessandro,
Right now the median price of a home under contract in Port Washington is $707,500. That is down -4.2% from last year at this time.
There are 142 properties available in Port Washington right now. Starting as low as $170,000.
Please let me know if I can assist you in finding the right place.
Sincerely, Edie
516-883-7780 x 218 (office) 516-639-1172 (mobile)