Home Buying in Salem>Question Details

Sharonbg, Home Buyer in Salem, OR

Hello! I am looking for a realtor in the Salem OR 97304 area that has experience/knowledge/understanding of VA loans. Thanks!

Asked by Sharonbg, Salem, OR Thu May 17, 2012

Answers

10
Hi! I have worked with many VA buyers just recently closing a VA build job. I've been a Realtor in Salem for nearly 20 years. In my prior life I was a banker so have full knowledge of both sides Real Estate and Lending. I'm here to help! My cell phone is on and I'm waiting for your call! Jan 509-999-HOME(4663)
I have worked with clients and successfully close those with VA loans. VA loans do cost the seller slightly more, but not terribly significant. The biggest issue to that the agent and lender communicate early on and the lender is really the biggest player on this question.
Sharon,
Hi, Were you able to find the person you were looking for? I helped family and friends close on 7 VA Loans in the last 5 months. Are you familiar with the advantages on buying a VA Foreclosure Home? Let me know if I can help.
We just bought and closed on a home using a VA loan in April. Our realtor, Debbi McCune (HomeStar/Salem) and Katy Canales (Landmark/Salem) were phenomenal in anticipating and moving us through the VA hurdles in record time. We actually wound up closing 3 weeks early! This is our 7th home and our smoothest transaction to date.
If it wasn't clear, Katy Canales from Landmark is the lender.
Flag Fri May 18, 2012
Good angle... I was focused solely on the "loan" referred to in her question :)

Any repairs required these days need to be addressed with the QC ratings now required by Fannie on conventional. Not overlooking FHA standards which also apply to the USDA Rural in being safe, sound, and secure.

Team efforts are encouraged!
Corri,

I agree and disagree. I think many VA buyers make offers on homes and then have them blow over lender required repairs. Buyers don't want to spend money on inspections for obvious issues that will impact VA condition requirements. Lenders who know the VA loan process and agents that know requirements so they can help buyers find appropriate homes or negotiate those obvious repair issues upfront so that a buyer isn't out inspection money. Agents can also help buyers see if a house could benefit from the energy efficiency program that VA has. It's a team effort. :)
The lender is the one that really needs to know all the ins and outs of a VA Loan, not necessarily the agent. There are a few things to be extra careful on with a VA loan and if the lender doesn't know what to look out for it will likely kill your deal. Make sure they know the product well... ask lots of questions.
I've worked with several VA clients and would be happy to help you. If you want to sit and chat over coffee/tea just let me know. I have a great VA lender who handles all my military clients.
I have been a realtor since 1990 and have extensive experience working together with Mark Sullivan, Homestreet Bank and other lenders offering VA, FHA, USDA, and conventional loans. How may we help you?

Kathleen Dewoina, Broker
Prudential Real Estate Professionals.
KD
Hello Sharonbg
I have an agent that I work near in my office who works the Salem area. If you want to give me a call I can put you in contact with her.

Heather
503-975-3483