Home Buying in Howell>Question Details

hollyree73, Home Buyer in Howell, MI

Hello. I am looking for a home I can purchase on a land contract in Livingston County Michigan. I have a good job and a down payment.

Asked by hollyree73, Howell, MI Tue Mar 11, 2014

Answers

2
Holly,

I am a mortgage specialist in Macomb County, MI. Is there a reason you wouldn't want to try to purchase now? I would be happy to take a brief application to try to get you a pre-approval, I have lenders that can lend to borrowers with a credit score as low as 500. Also I have a great Real Estate Agent in Livingston County, that I have worked with personally.

If you are interested, please give me a call on my cell phone anytime.

Thank you!

Derek Tunison
Sr. Loan Specialist
First Mortgage Corporation
41950 Hayes Rd
Clinton Twp, MI 48038
NMLS 162605
Have you already spoke to a lender? Have you located a Realtor? While obtaining a mortgage would likely allow you less in a down payment and perhaps a more favorable interest rate, there are some land contracts.

There are 16 homes for sale in Livingston County currently being offered for sale and offering land contract terms. However, they range from $54999 - $770,000. The lowest amount noted for a down payment was $10,000
A manufactured home on property might work as well.
Flag Wed Mar 12, 2014
I have spoken to a lender and I am less than the mandatory 2 years out of Chapter 7 bankruptcy. I have not located a Realtor. I was not sure where to start. I am not opposed to a fixer upper. I would like at least 1 1/2 acres with a garage or pole barn if possible. (or room for one) I do not want to be in a subdivision.
Flag Wed Mar 12, 2014