Home Buying in Modoc County>Question Details

Gina, Home Buyer in Modoc County, CA

Hello I am interested in buying property in the area. I would like a map of the California Pines

Asked by Gina, Modoc County, CA Tue May 19, 2009

community?
Is an owner allowed to use the property just for summer vacation?
RV/5th wheel or camper on site allowed year round?
How much are the yearly dues? I would like a list of property for sale?
Do you get much snow in winter? What are the summer in winter temperature?
Are most roads in California Pine comm open in winter?
and if possible to see which properties have electricity?

Answers

3
My opinion. I have been doing some research. But this is only my opinion.

Read the CC&Rs first, very restrictive considering.

The true property taxes includes a county yearly $199 add on per owner (regardless of land value, or number of parcels)}. As this a hospital fee,that might be a good thing, if you live there. May also be why NV guy is upset...possible Obama care scare.

Other issues are 1. there seems to be power plays concerning the committee and some republican in NV, 2. there seems to be questions about what yearly [more than 1.3 mega bucks] fees are/are not being used for 3.Wooded sections [hills], for the most part, have no access to any utilities and maybe never will, 4. If you read the CC&Rs: No cabins (unless u consider 600sf min one.) No mobile homes, unless new. No transplanted homes, must be 70% new materials. 5. Supposedly most of the amenities are run down. 5. Limited RV parking allowances.

I understand all roads are open all the time, but some in the Hills, in deep winter, may be difficult at times.

Good news is if you buy a lot here for $2K you are paying only 10% of what the first owner of that lot paid, if he paid cash, and even alot less given yearly inflation & interest if financed.

I am looking for a lot in Hills 1 or 2 myself,but am put off by the dwelling restrictions, I want to pitch a brand new factory made 20\28 foot tipi on a concrete foundation...does meet the 600sf rule.

Hope this helps, sorry I have nothing to sell.

Suggest u do some verification of the above b4 doing anything.

Financing can be challenging as well. I can provide assistance for properties on acreage as well as Manufactured homes on acreage. We have portfolio loans for these homes. Hope this helps
Fred
fbermudez@goldenpacificbank.com
916-832-6355
California Pines has CC&R's. Our office would be happy to give you a copy to help you answer these questions. Currently there are over 200 properties listed in Cal Pines (per our local MLS). Modoc County has all four seasons, our average precipitation ranges from 12-16" in the valleys and 35" in the mountains. Not all roads in Cal Pines are maintained in the winter and not all have power to them. I'd be happy to help you in you search, feel free to contact me.