Nora, Home Buyer in 30044

Hello, I am a nurse relocating to Lawrenceville, GA and would like to purchase a home for the first time.

Asked by Nora, 30044 Fri Sep 30, 2011

Are there any programs that offer assistance to a first time homebuyer who is also in the the healthcare field? Also, I have somewhat major credit issues. Would everything have to be paid off before buying a home?

Answers

9

I would love to help you get through the process.

Give me a call for more information.
Cottell Cooper, Realtor
678-886-2111
Hi Nora,

I have lived and worked in Lawrenceville since 2001, my daughter is a Nurse Practitioner and did her fellowship at Gwinnett Hospital, I am extremely familiar with the area and would love the opportunity to assist you in finding a home.

I work with a great Mortgage Broker with expert knowledge in credit concerns.

Colleen Stellwagen
Licensed Sales Associate
Coldwell Banker RMR
404-754-3188
Welcome Nora!
I would love to assist you in any way that I can. I was actually a mortgage lender prior to becoming a real estate agent and frequently assisted in credit repair. I can help you in depth. If you can email me your scenario briefly, I will contact you right away to go over the issues and see what kind of plan we can come up with. I look forward to assisting you in achieving your goal of home ownership! Congratulations!

Jacquelyn Struble
First United Realty,Inc.
770-855-5748
678-621-1040
jacquelynstruble@gmail.com
dunham@firstunitedrealty.net
Hi Nora,

How exciting to purchase your first home.
I am out and about today in Lawrenceville previewing homes and have seen many nice ones!

Isabel Elsesser, Residential Specialist
First United Realty
Save Time & Money!
http://www.Facebook.com/ga.homes
http://www.isabelsnewhomes.com
http://www.Buford.georgiamls.com
Direct 770-307-8751

Full Time from 1993-2014
Hi Nora,

There are 2 programs which have special options available for nurses. In my opinion, the best is the FHLB program and the 2nd best would be GA DREAM. Both would give you a down payment grant that could likely cover your down-payment and closing costs. Both are going to have minimum credit requirements, so it depends on what ""somewhat major credit issues" consist of.

I would not recommend paying anything off or doing anything that will effect your credit in any way until you have talked with a lender that is familiar with these programs. Believe it or not, you can actually hurt your situation in the short term, and make it more difficult to qualify by paying things off.

Student loans are a big issue that is popping up for a lot of people lately. If you have student loans in default, those will typically have to be out of default before you can purchase. This can usually be done by either working something out with your lender, or by consolidating into a new loan. There are pros and cons to both, so ask questions to determine what is best for you.

I would love to speak with you to assist you and recommend lenders that are very good with these programs.

Kirsten Wellborn
404-867-5662
Call me @ 770.899.6011. I live and work in Lawrenceville, GA. I should be able to help you.
Hello, I Live, Work & My children attend schools in Gwinnett County!! I have Great negotiation skills and can get you the Best Home @ the right price.. Call ME 678-670-7635 :ROXY
Nora, feel free to contact me at (770) 899.6011 or email me at: sojino2001@gmail.com I work and live in Lawrenceville and I can refer you to a great company that helped many of my clients that has credit issues. Yes, there's assistance for 1st time home buyers in Georgia.
Nora,

Yes, programs are available to first home owners in Metro Atlanta to help them arrive at the 3.5% down payment plus closing costs often required to purchase a property. The State of Georgia offers an interest and monthly payment-free second mortgage of $7,500 to credit and income eligible employees in healthcare (also the military, law enforcement, education) and $5,000 to others, but other programs are available too. Please see the pages to the left of the screen at the link below for more details. I'd welcome the opportunity to speak with you regarding your specific situation and help you decide whether home ownership is within reach at this time. Please call me at (678) 775-2677.

Solomon Greene
REALTOR® / HUD-certified Affordable Housing Counselor - Keller Williams Realty Atlanta Partners
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 1, 2011