Home Buying in Rio Rancho>Question Details

Victoria, Home Buyer in Albuquerque, NM

Hello I am a first time home buyer and have a credit score of 720 and my fiance has a credit score of 530. Would we be approved for a mortgage?

Asked by Victoria, Albuquerque, NM Fri May 30, 2014

I have a credit score of 720 but an income of only 1200/month because i am part time. My fiance has a credit score of 530 but has an income of roughly 3000/month so I know I would need his income to be approved, but we would be able to get anything with his credit score? He is in the army and meets all the qualifications for the VA loan except his credit score. Please help!

Victoria, since you would apply together, his 530 credit score would be the bottleneck in you being approved for a loan. Unfortunately, there are many people like you and your fiance having trouble out there trying to get approved with more strict lending standards.

I can suggest Spence Lewellen (505.340.0303) from Primary Residential Mortgage. He has a vast wealth of lending experience and can get you with a credit repair specialist to get his credit back on track.

I would suggest contacting Carol Sinor with Universal Lending 217-1507 or csinor@ulc.com. She has been an EXCELLENT resource for me in guiding my clients. When you do start looking for a home, I would love to help you with the search!

Amber Gaspar
Full Service Realty