Home Buying in Carson>Question Details

Tracymonique, Other/Just Looking in Burbank, CA

Hello. Does the first time buyer down payment assistance program in Carson, CA still exist?

Asked by Tracymonique, Burbank, CA Fri Apr 17, 2009

Answers

5
Hello Tracy,

There have been many changes for the Carson First Time Homebuyer program in 2009. It is very important to be prepared and understand the new guidelines. Yes the 2009 program begins in June with new stipulations. One of these key changes is that unlike the previous answers posted the new grant amount is $100,000. You can also use in tandem with the OBAMA tax credit and have up to $108,000 if a resale home and up to $118,000 for a new construction property. I have access to unlisted Bank Owned Homes that we have not yet released and we can discuss some of those great opportunities also. Feel Free to contact me below as we work with all of the Homebuyer Education programs with each California Cities Grant division.

We are approved to work with California Grant programs and are up-to date with changes to ensure best results. Give us a call for questions, we also specialize in REO/Bank Owned homes, mortgage loans,downpayment assistance, and new development for both first and 2nd time home buyers.

Justin Shillingford, MBA, REO Specialist, REALTOR CA Broker
Raymond Realty Group
jds@raymongrealtygroup.com
Direct: 888-259-0222 X 7153
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 22, 2009
Hi!,

Yes, the first-time buyer program does still exist in Carson for low to moderate income qualified applicants who have not owned ahome in the past 3 years, who are purchasing a primary residence, who can contribute 3% of the purchase price and up to 3% of closing costs, and who have a minimum FICO score of 620.

Contact me for additional guidelines and application procedures.

Lezlie Brazil
T 310-991-4263
F 310-861-0207
E lezliebrazil@kw.com
Web Reference: http://www.lezliebrazil.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 17, 2009
Hi Tracy,

One other change of the Carson program is that you have to work or live in Carson to qualify. Your agent has to be licensed to do business in the City Of Carson. Its the only city that I know of that requires that. Feel free to contact me if you are interested. My email is ali@mirzarealty.com. There are other cities that offer programs too and I have list of those.

Ali
The Real Estate Group
Ali & Sabire Mirza
Direct: 310-561-8547
Fax: 310-561-8390
Email: ali@mirzarealty.com
Website: mirzarealty.com
There have been many changes for the Carson First Time Homebuyer program in 2009. It is very important to be prepared and understand the new guidelines. Yes the 2009 program begins in June with new stipulations. One of these key changes is that unlike the previous answers posted the new grant amount is no longer $150,000.

Justin Shillingford, MBA, REO Specialist, CA Broker
Raymond Realty Group
jds@raymongrealtygroup.com
Direct: 888-259-0222 X 7153
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 23, 2009
I can refer you to a local Countrywide lender that can help determine if you qualify through the Carson down payment assistance program. I was selling 40 new townhomes last year in Carson, so my company and my preferred lender spent a lot of time with the city trying to make this program more usable.

Unfortunately, we tryied qualifying many potential buyers and were unable to qualify anyone. The low income requirements make it difficult to qualify for the primary loan.

I would be happy to help you with this. Just call or email me.

Michael Magaw
310.259.6850
M@NHLBrokers.com
Web Reference: http://www.NHLBrokers.com