gents123, Home Buyer in Davenport, FL

Hello, Can anyone tell me what the story is about the Bahama Bay ll condos? Access,rentals,etc.. I see some of them coming on the market now.

Asked by gents123, Davenport, FL Tue Feb 26, 2013

Answers

3
There are only a couple for sale at this time. Please read my comments in my post from yesterday for the litigation status. Access is limited into the community, most are beginning to be put in long term rentals. There's a lot of work to be done in this community - guests/tenants/owners are not allowed to use any of the Bahama Bay I amenities.

Bahama Bay I has some attractive properties at below market prices right now which is rare, the market is trending upward with less inventory a year ago. I would suggest spending a little more to be confident in the community you're buying in.

If you'd like additional information or have questions, please email me - Cathy - cathy@jerrybarker.com.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 1, 2013
There's pending litigation with Bahama Bay II. It's in a holding pattern at this time. Bahama Bay II would like ingress/egress via Bahama Bay I and the Bahama Bay I HOA is adamant that Bahama Bay II guests WILL NOT use the facilities of Bahama Bay I. As you can see the pictures in this blog offer some wonderful amenities with Bahama Bay I, not Bahama Bay II.
The lender sold Bahama Bay II to an investment group who is now renting some units long-term. The units for sale seem to be those on Calypso Court, which is the street lacking access other than via Bahama Bay. Bahama Bay II is not for the novice investor or an investor not willing to take a risk.

For more info on Bahama Bay II and what is going on, please email me - cathy@jerrybarker.com Starkweather, Realtor & Vacation Home Specialist, LaRosa Realty.

There are terrific property prices in Bahama Bay I and you'll be assured to have full use of the amenities. If you'd like more information about Bahama Bay I, please email me.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 28, 2013
Hello:

I have sold in virtually all o the resort communities close to Disney. Be careful about Bahama Bay. There is lawsuit between HOA & Developer due to some construction defects. As I understand the Developer is not paying to fix the structure issues, so for now the HOA is having to increase the HOAs to be able to cover the fix up costs hoping to recover the cost when and if they win the lawsuit.

There are so many nicer communities with none of these issues available that in my opinion it does not make sense to even get involved with that. Below are some samples of what is available in other resorts (Legacy Dunes in my opinion is a much much better choice, no issues with HOA, nice condos, ,,,)

Abraham Bidhendi
Top Producer Realtor® with over 25 years of experience
Awarded as Exit's TOP Buyer side Transactions for the State of Florida
We have had 142 successful transactions during the past year alone.
Exit Realty Access, LLC
Direct: (407) 744-2533
Fax: (407) 444-9925
Email: REOsofflorida@msn.com
Website: http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com
Kissimmee Office: 391 N. Main St., Kissimmee, FL 34741
Altamonte Springs Office: 660 Palm Springs Dr., Suite D, Altamonte
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 26, 2013
can you tell me more about the structural damages at BB?
Flag Fri Jun 7, 2013