Erica, Renter in Belle Chasse, LA

Hello All, can a repair invoice paid by sellers agent which is with new seller(bank) keep me from closing if they dont agree with fee's

Asked by Erica, Belle Chasse, LA Tue Apr 23, 2013

Answers

7
that is the most convoluted question to appear here in ages.
I think it will interpretation and further explanation.

repair invoice for what?
is it included in the contract?
has the bank already refused to pay the bill?
did the agent spend his own money?
was this supposed to be an as-is sale?
why isn't your agent answering this for you?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 23, 2013
Hi Erica,
The banks, it seems, are making things much harder than they need to be. If I understand the question correctly, the seller's agent has agreed to pay an invoice out of their own pocket so any seller should be ok with that as long as it is disclosed. However, if that agent is trying to get reimbursed by the seller (bank) then you could have an issue closing on a home and rightfully so. You can try to negotiate the repair costs by all parties involved and get it in writing signed by these parties. Hope that helps! As always, make sure your realtor knows the legalities of the whole transaction. Call me if you need further clarification.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 7, 2013
From what I can decipher: Listing agent made a repair to the property and is now trying to be paid on the HUD-1 and the seller is objecting to the amount and refusing to sign off on it. (?)
You as the buyer can pay the invoice to get it closed, maybe you can pay the difference between what the bank thinks is fair and resonable with what the listing agent paid, or you can wait it out and never get the house. Your choice.
Typically listing agents do not make any repair without previous authorization from the seller (bank). If that's the case it is something the listing agent will need to take up with the seller for reimbursement. And as Adolfo stated, unless it is a mechanic's lien I am not sure how that would prevent you from closing.
Please clarify I don't understand your question.
Thank you
From the sounds of it, unless a mechanics lien was filed against the property and proof of work that was completed was paid for by agent is provided as evidence you may not have leg to stand on.

However if it was and As-Is contract you may also be at a lose.

If you were not authorized to fix anything you may be at a lose.

This may help, however the question was poorly written, so this may just confuse even more.
Erica - Is this a question?