Home Buying in Austin>Question Details

Kathleen, Home Seller in Austin, TX

Have any homes in the 78741 zip sold in the past six months?

Asked by Kathleen, Austin, TX Thu Jun 28, 2012

I'm looking for comps.

Answers

7
Hi Kathleen -
When I search the MLS database from Jan 1 to today I come up with
In the last 6 months 35 homes have sold in the 78741 zip code.
Prices range from $40K (foreclosures) to $349K, so there is a wide variety of different homes for sale.

I can prepare a detailed comp report for you today if you aren't being represented by another agent, and can bring it over in person, or email it to you if you prefer.

Remember, a good Comp report includes both past sales, as well as other active listings on the market today, plus a little bit of pricing knowledge based on the specific features of your home, and what buyers are looking for in your area.

Let me know if you are interested by contacting me through my Trulia profile
http://www.trulia.com/profile/EricEstate/

Cheers
Eric
Web Reference: http://www.ericestate.com/
I wouldn't be giving that information out without an appointment guys! This is part of the reason some homeowners think it's easy to sell a house as a FSBO and then wonder why their house sits and sits or gets a low-ball offer from an investor. Just quoting PPSF doesn't tell you if the homes that sold had a fireplace, a bigger garage, sprinklers in the yard, wood flooring, granite counters, etc, etc.

Realtors get paid to help with transactions because they are supposed to be the expert in their area, not the used car salesman peddling broad information over the net.

Not all homes comp the same in a given radius, sometimes you have to broaden your reach and then the individual properties may require further look at tax information and county records to ensure it's apples to apples. Not to mention comps don't tell you everything you need to know about what's going on in the CURRENT market. Some parts of Austin are in a seller's market right now, but not all! I've seen some really great looking homes sit for over 90 days because they aren't staged right, over-priced and under marketed.

Unless your a real estate expert (Realtor, Broker, Savvy Real Estate Investor, etc), hire a realtor. Just my 2 cents.
Dear Kathleen,
Right now as of the first of July there are 16 Actively for sale with an average list price of $115.53 per square foot. Theses homes average 3 beds, 2 baths and about 1602 square feet. Homes spent an average of 86 days on the market before selling.

There are 30 homes that have sold in the last 6 months in 78741. The average Sold price per square foot is $98.71PSF and taking an average of 50 days on the market to sell. The high Sold Price Per Square Foot is $206.40.

If you need more help please let me know. I would be happy to assist you to buy or sell in 78741.

Betina
Kathleen, as the two Realtors who previously answered your question said, there has been quite a bit of activity in your area, as is typical. If you are looking for a top Realtor to help you list your home, and provide you with detailed data and comps, I would be happy to talk with you. I am a Residential Specialist, and have a marketing plan that I believe is second to none. Please click on my photo and review my Credentials and Client Testimonials, and contact me if you'd like to talk. I think you will be pleased at what I have to say and what I can do to help you! Thanks, Joe Jarusinsky, Realtor/Master Instructor, Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate company, 512-261-4415
Hey Kathleen, I own, sell, represent buyers and lease in 78741. Give me a call at 512.299.2257. I can give you more detailed info with your home or possible purchase. Yes, they have sold, but 78741 is a wide spread area with 50's homes to new construction.

Lisa Payne
Central City Properties
LisaAustinRE@aol.com
512.299.2257
Kathleen, here are current statistics for 78741: 13 for sale; 2 Active Contingent; 20 pending in some fashion; 33 sold and closed. These are all in the MLS system for six months back from today. There will have been a few private transactions but there is no way to actually tell how many, or values as Texas is closed for public information on housing sales.

If you are looking for a professional assessment of your home's worth, just contact me and I'll be able to help you.

Ron Cullinan
Realtor Avalar Austin
512-799-3239
austin_realtor@earthlink.net
Kathleen,
Ron is an excellent Realtor who work hard for you.
Mia
Flag Thu Jun 28, 2012
33 in the last six months. You can call me at (512) 586-3211 or email at denmartin@ziprealty.com if you would like me to help you sell your home!

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Denise