Home Buying in Estero>Question Details

Mikezak3473, Home Buyer in

Have any homes in Osprey Cove been identified as having Chinese drywall?...

Asked by Mikezak3473, Mon Nov 12, 2012

I am considering the purchase of a condo in Estero (Osprey Cove) that was recently being 'flipped' by investors. Is it it easy to 'disguise' the condition by replacing A/C, electrical, kitchen appliances, etc.? I am suspicious as the unit was built in 2006...have any homes in Osprey Cove been found to have Chinese drywall. Should I be comfortable by relying on an inspection? Thanks

Answers

5
At this pointing time I am not aware of any condos with Chinese Drywall in Osprey Cove but I would always suggest to get an inspection by a licensed inspector. I have sold condos in Osprey Cove and bought one myself not too long ago. I believe the condos at the current pricing aware a great investment.

Ursula Weinkauff
Broker
Focus Real Estate, LLc
239-948-0899
Ursula@Focus-Realesatet.com
The average age of the units in Osprey Cove would suggest there is a likelihood that defective drywall could be present. The ability to "disguise" the presence by replacing exposed copper is feasible however the sulfur like smell given off is pretty distinct. I would recommend a drywall specific inspection and would feel extremely comfortable in relying upon it for making a purchase decision. I've used a drywall inspector in the past for my clients and would be happy to assist you in making sure your confident in the property your considering purchasing. Give me a call or email, I'm in the next community over from Osprey Cove.

Kevin E Yankow
Kevin@KEYtoSOLD.com
239-206-3467
Broker/Owner
KEY Real Estate Inc.
Web Reference: http://www.KEYtoSOLD.com
Like Jesse said below I am not aware of any issues in this community. A home inspection is always recommended. I saw these units as they were being built. If you have any questions feel free to call or email.

Marc Comisar
239-287-5873
MarcComisar@gmail.com
There has been very sporadic reports of defective drywall in Osprey Cove, but regardless no property should be purchased without the benefit of a thorough home inspection. Besides the inspection, check for permits pulled by contractors on the potential property. If the work was done correctly then these permits would be on file.

Neil G. Blair-Bennett
None that I am aware of.......however your agent should guide you on how to properly take caution in regards to this.

jessemcgreevy@gmail.com
239-898-5329
http://www.Bonita-Estero-RealEstate.com