Home Buying in Marietta>Question Details

Gabuyer, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

Have any buyers/agents seen the Wigley Preserve model?

Asked by Gabuyer, Atlanta, GA Mon Sep 24, 2012

The "starting in the high 300's" price point seems to be lower than several of the other recent new construction neighborhoods in the same area and the communities that are on either side and across the way of Wigley Preserve and that are relatively old are selling in the high 300's. I haven't had a chance to stop by yet, but am wondering why these aren't going for more (or if it's just a marketing thing...one bare bones model for $399k & the rest high 400's)?

Answers

2
Renee is correct about lot size and terrain. Also GA Buyer, when purchasing New Construction, the lowest price is nearly always the builder grade model with no upgrades. Figure in your calculations about (give or take) 10% of the list price for any upgrades (dependin on your and your wife's taste). Builder's have agents representing the best interests of the builder's ~ make sure you have a representative whose job is to look out for your best interest. I'd be happy to represnet you in your new construction transaction. Feel free to review new construction properties on my website (link below).

Fred Yancy, Broker
Crye-Leike Realtors
(678) 799-4663
Yes, live right here and Lennar has 3 new subdivisions in the same high school district. The lots and size have everything to do with the price. Wigley preserve is tough terrain with small backyard-s if any. Built literally on the side of the mountain as you will see when you visit. I'm familiar with all 3 of their neighborhoods as I have had buyers visit all.

Let me know if you have other questions or need any additional help, I'm a native of East Cobb.

Renee Bissell
678-697-7700
Atlanta Board of Realtors