Home Buying in Northampton>Question Details

George Mekeel, Other/Just Looking in Northampton, MA

Has anyone visited the Laurel Park Cottage condos? If so, what are they like? Also, how far are they from downtown? Thank you

Asked by George Mekeel, Northampton, MA Sat Dec 28, 2013

Answers

3
Niles,

I lived there many years ago and today as a realtor, I've sold more cottages there in the past several years than anyone. I'd be happy to give you a private tour of how it works and all the minutia details.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 28, 2013
There is a great deal of variety in the condos in Laurel Park as it was a seasonal community in the 1900's. Some have been completely redone and other need work. They usually do not have basements or garages and they share septic systems. They are not to fear from town but not walking distance, however great coop is close as well as other shops on King st. Hope this helps
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 28, 2013
Northampton area is a great place to retire, culturally can't be beat for small town feel, affordability yet diverse educated population. Laurel Park is unique but not for everyone. If you have any other questions feel free to email or call.
Flag Sat Dec 28, 2013
Thanks very much for your reply, Carolyn ~ I really appreciate it. I'm considering a move to NOHO, as I can't afford to retire in San Francisco where I've over 20 years! WInters don't frighten me, as I'm a native upstate New Yorker & went to school in Lenox MA for 4 years.
Flag Sat Dec 28, 2013
Hi Niles. This close-knit community is located approximately 3.5 miles from Main St, Northampton. This is not to say that it is removed from what is going on. It's actually right near the local co-op, major retailers, and offers very convenient access to Rt 91. The location and price point make it worth taking a look. Also, they're free-standing condos so there are no shared walls between neighbors. Be in touch if you'd like to take a look. Glad to help.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 28, 2013