Home Buying in Harwinton>Question Details

footski97, Home Buyer in 06791

Has anyone heard anything good about mortgage masters or know anything about them???

Asked by footski97, 06791 Wed Dec 18, 2013

A friend of mine used one of there lenders and really liked him but he was not employed with them at the time. She gave me his name and I started the mortgage process with him. But my husband did some online research and they have horrible reviews and I am very nervous now. We have paid for an inspector and paid a deposit on the home already. We signed an agreement already with them. Are we screwed or am I over thinking too much???

Answers

3
Actually, I use a loan officer from them that I recommend all of the time. Sometimes it depends on the bank that you are dealing with and sometimes it can be the loan officer. The one I use is always on top of things and you can contact them day, night, or weekend and get a quick response. I have not had a loan not go through.

It depends on how far along you are in the process to see if you want to change. Your contract should have a mortgage contingency date on it. If you are going USDA you are going to need a month for approval and if you are coming upon your contingency date soon, then I would wait on jumping ship and finding another lending. If you think the loan officer is not capable, you can always talk to a supervisor and have another loan officer assist you with your loan.

I hope it works out for you.

Good luck with your new home!

Jessica Tracy
CG Real Estate
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 29, 2013
Thank you, yes it is a USDA loan. You are probably right I like knowing what to expect or what needs to be done.
Jill is correct and you may be feeling some anxiety which is natural. Stress is caused by fear of the unknowns. Your best bet it so ask questions about what worries you. Your Buyer's agent should be able to provide you with answers and a clear road map of what to expect in the coming days and weeks. Knowing what's next in the process is also a stress reducer.

I'll defer to Jill on answering program specific questions since she keeps up on each program's details as that's her job as a mortgage originator.