Home Buying in Marston>Question Details

Jessander200…, Home Buyer in Denver, CO

Has anyone heard about the Marston Villas HOA and how much the residents dislike them?

Asked by Jessander200340, Denver, CO Fri Aug 2, 2013

Add some detail about your question

Answers

3
You'll likely not find a broker commenting on this topic because our duty is to serve the public interest with the facts and not opinions of others. You might find some non brokers to comment on the matter. If you would really like to get some information you could send the residents a letter asking for their experiences with the HOA, you can get the list of addresses (public information) from any title company for a small fee. You could ask to attend their Association meetings and you might meet owners there, and request the minutes of past meetings to see what is discussed. I'm guessing you won't get any formal opinion from them, but you could certainly call Hindman Sanchez Law Firm and ask them how you might further research the HOA; they specialize in HOA law and issues here in the Denver markets and are a firm that most everyone I've ever asked have referred me to on matters of HOA. They have a blog you can subscribe to for posts and alerts regarding new HOA law and regulations, it's a hot topic currently and there will be new rules coming in the next 12-24 months I believe surrounding HOAs.
Web Reference: http://www.Go1031.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 2, 2013
Go over this with your Realtor, they will be a great resource for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 30, 2013
Please do your due diligence by requesting the HOA meeting minutes to review what issues are being discussed by residents at the HOA meetings. This is an excellent way to have "insight" into the complex .
I also recommend walking the complex on weekends, speaking with residents and neighbors and asking them how they like living there, what are the pros and cons of the complex and HOA.

Hope this is helpful, cheers Jan Baer BAER Realty LLC