Crigsby83, Renter in Cedar Park, TX

Has anyone had luck negotiating with Standard Pacific in Austin, TX? They don't include a lot of standard features in their homes.

Asked by Crigsby83, Cedar Park, TX Wed Jan 9, 2013

Answers

10
You need to hire a local agent to represent you and negotiate on your behalf. The service is at no cost to you and it will save you from a lot of headache.

Susie Kay, Realtor®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net

http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 21, 2013
In first place, Standard Pacific homes .per several new home buyer opinion is causing HUGE mistakes in construction and you cannot afford to mess up your dream home.
Since my previous answer below, I have recently negotiated a SP contract that was more than $10,000 off the asking price. It can be done if you know the inventory and the market.

Claire McIntyre, Architect / Real Estate Broker / Builder
512 699 9912
MMI McIntyre Associates
Real Estate Brokerage
http://www.mmirealestate.com
claire@mmirealestate.com
McIntyre & McIntyre Inc
Architecture / Engineering
Project Management
http://www.mmibuildings.com
Good Morning Crigsby83,

You have received good info from this forum.

I am uniquely positioned to provide you the best possible concessions from a builder. As a Builder, Realtor - Broker & Architect I have deep insight and sharp negotiating skills to represent you.

My degree engineering degree from University of Texas focused on construction management and structural engineering & design. I represent both buyers & sellers. I can show you any property listed as well as new construction.

Call me!

Claire McIntyre, Architect, Broker / Realtor, Builder
MMI McIntyre Associates
clairemcintyre.com
http://www.mmirealestate.com
http://www.mmibuildings.com
cell: 512-699-9912
office: 512-219-9200
Good mmorning, Crigsby! I am on my way to a successful transaction with Standard Pacific at Ranch at Brushy Creek this morning. My client received great incentives, great lot, location, et al. We are closing this month. If you want to meet this morning, please call or text me at the numbers below.

FYI: due to the demand of the housing market, most builders informed me that: for every 3-4 contracts executed, prices go up between $3000-$5000. Evidently, the variation will be on the builder, but many are increasing their price. It will be beneficial to you to sign asap. I've known builders increased their price for $21K in one year's timeframe. As a result, you'll have great equity.

I hope this helps. Please call or text me so I can further assist you. Many thanks for the inquiry. Good luck with all endeavors.

Rica Greenwood, GRI, SPSM
Broker Associate
Prudential Texas Realty
512-762-8697
http://www.ricagreenwood.com
Hello Crigsby,

I've had lots of success negotiating with Standard Pacific for extra closing costs or upgrade credits. I've got several personal friends who work for Standard Pacific who've given me the ins and outs of how their management works with back pocket money.

On top of this I was a Lead Area Sales Representative for a new home builder here in Austin for years. I know how incentive work and what can be done, if asked and positioned correctly.

Please give me a call and we can discuss the details of your situation and the onsite agent you may be working with. You need representation as a buyer, because the onsites are working for the seller.

Call me at your convenience at (512) 947-2250!
Crigsby83, Yes I've been successful negotiating for my clients with Standard Pacific, as well as most other new home builders in the greater Austin area. The other agents are correct that they are not giving as much away and digging as deep as far as discounts go, but with my experience and volume that myself and my company, Keller Williams Realty does, they seem to work well with me and my clients. I think that part is just a matter of leverage and volume.
I also started out working for a new homebuilder early on in my career and learned the ins and outs of how it works behind the scenes. Depending on what you're looking for and how much you are expecting, I will be happy to talk with you and see if I can assist you, assuming you are not yet working with a Realtor.

Please feel free to click on my photo and review my Credentials and Client Testimonials, and let me know if I may be of assistance. I also happen to own a new home-building company and that gives me an edge when it comes to knowledge of cost of materials, the process in general, and how the New Home Market from an insider's point of view.

I represent buyers like you at no cost to you, by the way, as my fee is paid by the seller. Please let me know if I may be of assistance!

Joe Jarusinsky Realtor/Master Instructor Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate Company, Ranked #1 by Buyers and Sellers (JD Power & Assoc. 2012)
Call 512-261-4415
It depends which community. Which one are you looking at?
You will have the best luck with a property they already have "on the ground" especially a completed one. The market doesn't require as deep a discount as the builders were giving in the past. This will vary by subdivision.

I am a Realtor, Broker, Architect and Builder. I can help.

Send me your criteria and I will get to work on it.

Claire McIntyre, Architect, Broker/Realtor, Builder
MMI / McIntyre Associates
ClaireMcIntyre.com
Claire@mmirealestate.com
512-699-9912
Crigsby,
Yes to some degree. Right now there I a shbortage of homes and builders are not making the discounts people think thbey should get or have a friend tell them about from months or years past. I'd be happy to assist you as your Realtor.