kh104, Home Buyer in Edmond, OK

Has anyone had experience with Sooner Traditions homes? I'm wondering about the quality and how it holds up over time.

Asked by kh104, Edmond, OK Sat Mar 30, 2013

Answers

6
We have sold several of their homes and they have stood up well. One alibi--they have all been in the last few years, so it hasn't been time-tested.
My experience has not been good.
It lists me as Graford Texas as this is where my lake house is located just FY I.
Flag Mon Feb 24, 2014
Good evening:

Yes I have sold several of the Soone Tradition homes and they are very well built and also as Josh stated they are under a very high quality just to qualify to build in Edmond, Would I reccomend them, absolutely:

I would be glad to set you up with an appointment to see any of them:
Contact me

Thank you
John Phillips
Re/Max Preferred Properties
405 413 0791
Your post is in Edmond, and if the home is inside Edmond city limits the city's building standards and city inspectors are the best in the state. If a builder is building in Edmond, they are building great products.

Best of Luck
Web Reference: http://www.GetSoldOKC.com
I have the RCC (Residential Construction Certified) designation and have built a number of custom homes with area builders. When it comes to Sooner Traditions it seems to come down to price. A few years ago I saw a house they built in Turtle Creek that I felt was pretty good, but it was over $400,000 and even I can build a good house for that kind of money. At the lower price points, under $200,000) I am not that impressed with the quality and the way they can add cheap sq footage. In my opinion, there are a number of local builders who do build a higher quality product for about the same money. These guys generally build fewer than 50 houses a year, though there is one notable exception who, though I was not impressed with his product from 3 or 4 years ago, seems to be building a really nice house today and he is all over town. None of the people I would suggest are 'mass' builders and you would probably not recognize the names. Keep in mind that there are two types of buyers of new homes. Some want a roof over their heads and some want a quality home. If you want quality you have to pay for it. Many builders claim quality, but when you look at some of the materials used and framing framing techniques it is easy to see that they don't really care. They are trying to get the house on the ground as quickly and cheaply as possible. There are many 'builders' who use their own real estate contracts and there is a huge disclaimer stating that there is no warranty of habitability or warranty of merchantability. If you don't know what that is, why are you signing it? It is why I put builder in quotes. I do train my clients what to look for when going through a house so they actually learn how to tell if one house is better than another.
Our agents have good good experiences overall...... I believe customer satisfaction is important to them.