Home Buying in Fort Worth>Question Details

Maira Ayala, Home Buyer in Arlington, TX

Has anyone dealt with Antares homes?

Asked by Maira Ayala, Arlington, TX Wed Apr 17, 2013

Hi I am looking for my first house & ran across Antares. It seems like they may be what I'm looking for. I looked online but have not found much about them in the way of reviews & such. Are they a quality builder?
Are prices negotiable? (i.e. upgrades, etc)
Buyer incentives, if any

I was looking at the parks of deer creek & mission ridge estates.
Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Answers

4
Melissa Kelly’s answer
Hi there, my name is Melissa Kelly. I would just like to clarify that Antares Homes, the company I work for has been around much longer than 3 years. This is our 15th year in business. We are a local builder who builds our homes specifically for Texas, in other words we keep our customers cool in these extremely high temperatures. We are well-known for our Guaranteed Heating and Cooling Costs, Cellulose Insulation and our Steel- Rebar foundations. We have several communities and many more on the way. If you would like more information about owning an Antares Home, I would love to give you names and numbers of some of our customers that are already part of the Antares family. We have an amazing team of salespeople and Graduate Master Builders that I am proud to be a part of. We would love to have you join the Family!!

Good Luck!!
They're OK...usually lower price point...nothing bad to say...
Dear Maria,

Please do yourself a favor: get an experienced Realtor to represent you before you begin looking at new homes. You need guidance as a first-time home buyer. You need professional advice, which a builder's salesperson cannot give you. You need someone who is familiar with contracts to look over their shoulder, because builders don't use Texas-approved contracts. Everything is stacked in favor of the builder, and the sweet saleslady who greets you at the model home is working FOR the builder, not for you! And they do not have a real estate license in Texas, either. They are not bound by the Code of Ethics, like Realtors are.

And here's the good part: It won't cost you anything, because a Realtor's commission is paid out of the builder's advertising budget. You may actually $ave money on the house, because a Realtor knows how to negotiate with a builder, and get you the best deal. You've got nothing to lose by engaging a Realtor to represent you! I watched many new subdivisions built in the 33 years that I have been selling houses in Texas, and some builders are better than others.

If you have any questions about how I operate, please feel free to contact Blanca Fraga at b.fraga07@live.com... She is one of my current clients who is buying her first house in Fort Worth. You may email me with your questions, or call to set up an appointment. As I told Blanca, looking at houses is the 5th step in the process of buying a house, ---not the FIRST!

Have a blessed day!

Rick DeVoss

ULTRA Real Estate Services --- Broker: Luis Martinez

817-300-6121

RickDeVoss@Realtor.com
====================
Maira, I have sold an Antares home. It has been a few years ago, but I know my clients where happy with the house. I have represented a lot of buyers who purchased new homes. It is just as important for you to have representation when buying new constructions as with an existing home.