Home Buying in Chicago>Question Details

BeingHopeful, Home Buyer in Rolling Meadows, IL

Has anyone closed on an FHA loan under the new back to work program?

Asked by BeingHopeful, Rolling Meadows, IL Thu Oct 10, 2013

Has anyone here closed on a mortgage through this new program? I had applied with my lender a while back and was approved under this program and went shopping with my commitment letter. I find a house I want, and have been working the details. My lender tells me Sept 30th that there is a rule in the program stating I need to take a class 30 days prior I take the class that day and get my certificate. I then make an offer and sign contract on a house last night. Lender is fearful that mortgage may get kicked back as it has not been 30 days since taking the class. He has advised me to not even bring the earnest money check yet, as it may mess everything up. So, my question is, has anyone here done one of these before? Is the 30 days prior to applying, or 30 days prior to close? By signing contract last night, even if my lender waits until the end of the month to submit application, is it going to be rejected because I wrote an earnest money check now, and signed a contract now?

Answers

7
I had closed one in Midlothian.....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 10, 2013
Thank you for the response, did the buyer do the class long before the application, or was it shortly there after, meaning took class and applied before the 30 days?
Flag Thu Oct 10, 2013
Yes! The program requires quite a bit of documentation, but fairly straight forward, in my opinion. You have to prove you lost 20% of your income for a period of 6 months or longer. If you lost you house due to a divorce, medical bills, etc, do not bother as they are not acceptable reasons. I have now CLOSED, not prequalified or even have pending approvals one of these each of the last 3 months. My name is Jesse Wien and I am a loan officer at Elite Mortgage Solutions In Kaukauna, WI. We are licensed in MN and WI. If you think you would qualify or would like to find out, please call me at 920 462 0370.

Thanks!
Has anyone ever gotten a CAIVRS claim waived by HUD Washington DC? I have been approved for a mortgage loan with the Back to Work Program under the condition that an existing CAIVRS claim be waived by HUD Washington DC. It has been with them for almost a month and they seem to have no clue on what is needed to waive this CAIVRS claim. This is the only thing holding up the closing. What a mess. Just wrote to the senators of my State. Anyone has anything to share, please do.
any updates? going through same process now...
Flag Tue Jan 21, 2014
You do need 31 days after the class, I can help if you aren't happy with the quality of your loan officer. We have an office in Rolling Meadows. Call or email for a free pre-approval and free credit report.

We can do: FHA, Conventional, USDA, VA, HARP, Interest Only, Home Equity, Fixed, and Variable. Find out which product is right for you by calling Brad at (630) 639-1081.

Brad Neumann
Sr. Loan Officer
Mobile Phone: (630) 639-1081
Email: bneumann@myccmortgage.com
3130 Finley Rd. Suite 510C
Downers Grove, IL 60515
You can not do a loan application or write a contract until the 31st day after the class. Your loan will not get approved
that seems like a great program that I hope work for people
None. Who is doing this?

--
Joel Lobb (NMLS#57916)
Senior Loan Officer
502-905-3708 cell
502-813-2795 fax
kentuckyloan@gmail.com

Key Financial Mortgage Co. (NMLS #1800)*
107 South Hurstbourne Parkway*
Louisville, KY 40222*
http://mylouisvillekentuckymortgage.com