Home Buying in Harvey Oaks>Question Details

Ajermain, Other/Just Looking in

Harvey Oaks or Pepperwood?

Asked by Ajermain, Sun May 13, 2012

Hi, first time home buyer here. Trying to decide on a good location for a starter home in Omaha. No kids yet, but they are in the future plans. Harvey Oaks and Pepperwood are the tarea read we like and are in our price range. Any advice on what might push one are over the other? Things that are important to us include younger folks in the area with younger families, good resale potential, and schools. Thanks for any insight.

Answers

4
Lila Schmidt’s answer
Make a check list on both areas to see what you like best. Schools shopping , distance to work, restaurants, if you like to walk areas to walk, parks etc. have you considered George town, Montclair.
I don't know anything about Pepperwood, but we have lived in Harvey Oaks for the past 7 years and love it! The area is very kid friendly, with 2 parks within the neighborhood, not including the school's. EXCELLENT elementary school, Harvey Oaks. There is a walking trail, 2 baseball fields for the kids and a tennis court. HOA is voluntary and very reasonably priced. There is a fair mix of older and younger couples. (Have noticed younger buying more frequently lately). Resale is good as well from what I have seen. There are a 1/2 dozen homes for sale in the neighborhood currently. Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 2, 2014
Here at CBSHOME we have access to demographic and school report information. If you would like to send me your email address to Dennis.Thomas@cbshome.com, I will forward the reports comparing the two neighborhoods. Or give me a call at 402-215-5640 with any questions.
If you have an email, I can show comparisons on what you are looking for. That way, you can see what is happening in both subdivisions.

You can reach me at 4025403811 or fred@gtrsales.com.