Home Buying in Freeport>Question Details

Bob Dobolina, Both Buyer and Seller in 77494

Hammock Bay question. Looking to buy there very soon. Should I use the "Hammock Bay company rep" or get my own realtor? Who has my best?

Asked by Bob Dobolina, 77494 Tue Mar 15, 2011

interest?

Answers

12
Getting your own realtor is never a bad idea-- I just purchased there myself and can attest that it is a great place to live at a great value!!
If I can help let me know!!
Dwight
I have worked with Sam Smith who is part of the group that sells and he also lives there and loves it! He knosw all there is to know because he is there and his family is thereand they truly take advantage of all there is to do atHammock Bay. He would be a great agent to find what you are looking for.
Thank You,
Carol
Bob,
Your second question, "Who has my best?" was cut short. I am guessing that you are asking who has your best interest?

I've sold many properties in Freeport and been all through Hammock Bay, even before it was Hammock Bay. It is a beautiful development with so much potential. One question you have to ask yourself is how sold are you on Hammock Bay? If you are somewhat interested, but not positive that Hammock Bay is where you want to be, do you think an on-sight agent will have any interest in telling you about other great potential developments, like Windswept Estates? On-site agents will typically sell you only on their property, so they may not have your best interest in mind, unless you care only about buying in that development.

If you are looking for unbiased assistance, you might consider a Realtor who isn't limited in the properties they are willing to show you. Good luck.

Murray
Great advice from the agents here. You should take the time to interview and get information on several agents that are familiar wth Hammock Bay and make a decision based on what you are comfortable with. We would love the opportunity to speak with you as we are Freeport residents are familiar with Hammock Bay and have sold homes in there. Please let us know if we can help or answer and questions for you.

Wanda Pitts
850-259-9001
Web Reference: http://www.fladreams.com
Hello Bob,

Hammock Bay is a great community, but be sure you are aware of hoa fees depending on where in Hammock Bay you are looking. I am an independent agent with Coldwell Banker, and I have a new listing in Horseshoe Bend Village that is completely furnished (if you are looking for a winter home). The difference really isn't "company rep" or independent--we all have to do full disclosure--it depends more on someone you work with personally that you trust. The agents that cover Hammock Bay are trustworthy and know the community, as are "most" of the other independent agents. Independent agents might give you a more complete look at other areas and comparisons here on the Gulf Coast. I have been working as an independent agent in the Freeport area for over four years, and know it well.

I also might suggest that you look at Marina Village (right next door), prices are great, and there are boat slips in this community if you are a boating enthusiast or hope to become one.

If you let me know, I would be happy to give you information on both of these communities and other communities in the area. I do have active listings in the Freeport area as well as in Niceville and Crestview. I would welcome hearing from you and wish you well in your search.

Best wishes,

Myke Triebold, GRI, LMC
850-305-6256
MykeSaysSold@aol.com
http://www.DestinHomeRealtor.com
Web Reference: http://www.MykeTriebold.com
Bob - Hammock - Bay is a great community and certainly has a bright future in the little Town of Freeport, FL. I think the best advice is to talk with a few agents and you'll get a feeling who will put you first . How did a person from Katy, decide on Hammock Bay ???
Hi Bob

I agree with most of the answers below. You would be best served by interviewing not only the onsite agent but also a local agent familiar with the area.

I as well as many other Realtors here have sold homes in Hammock Bay, and would be happy to help you. We have access to complete list of homes for sale as well as the incentives the builders are offering. We are also familiar with the surrounding communities and what they are offering too!

Should you have any questions, please feel free to call, text or email me anytime.

Take Care!
Hammock Bay is a great community w/wonderful amenities for it's homeowners. There is alot to know about the community and the builders that build there. As a Realtor located in Hammock Bay, I can offer info to my buyers that other agents may not be aware of. I give a full tour of the property - educating my buyer on all homes available and assist them in making the right decision for them. An on site Realtor is by far more valuable to both Sellers and Buyers. Pleae let me know how I may assist you.
Hi Bob,

Go to the FIND A PRO section of Trulia and get your own agent. There are many agents in the Freeport area that will be delighted to help you with your purchase plans.
There is no definite answer to this question. Here in Idaho, onsite agents typically represent the builder exclusively if the builder is building out the entire community. Pricing and incentives here don't change if you use an onsite agent or bring your own since they are afraid to burn bridges with outside Realtors that bring them a lot of business.

Therefore, I suggest interviewing several agents (both onsite and off) and go with the one that is the most knowledgeable and the most helpful. There are extra certifications a Realtor can get for new construction and that is a good sign that the agent specializes in that area.
Talk to a Realtor and the Rep. See who you feel more comfortable dealing with. Take it from there.
Genevieve Ramachandran
it depends ... Builders rarely change their price (very little negotiation possible even using your own buyer agent). If HB Builder is willing to give you "credit" for using their Rep then by all meant go for it. I trust large Builder that they make sure you and their own people to have paperwork done properly for a smooth COE. But if they don't give you any thing then may as well get your own buyer agent.