Mary, Home Buyer in Phoenix, AZ

Had a short sale in 2012. Can I buy a home this year?

Asked by Mary, Phoenix, AZ Mon Jul 14, 2014

Answers

6
Have you spoke with a lender? I know a qualified lender that can help.
Mary,

During the down turn of the market I helped a lot of people short sell their homes. After I sold our clients properties I referred them to a list of lenders offering a second check loan where they could purchase another home sometime immediately after the short sale or at least within one year. You have reached your two year market and you should be able to get another FHA loan.

I would be happy to provide you with a list of lenders that can help you get pre-qualified. I am looking forward to speaking with you soon.

Sean Heideman, Broker
Position Realty
Office: 480-213-5251
Fax: 866-232-2256
Web: http://www.PositionRealty.com
If you have cash, you can buy a house at any time. If you want financing, there are lenders who can help you. Be aware that the rate may be much higher than your last mortgage loan.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 13, 2014
Yes, you can buy a home this year. However, it will depend on how much you are able to put down in order to qualify. There are many other factors that could qualify or disqualify you from being able to purchase a home this year. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance in helping you purchase your next home.
You should speak to a lender directly about your scenario since there can be a lot of moving parts. Do you want a contact number for a lender that might be able to help you?
It is very likely that you can. Of course a lot depends on your current situation. Your current income, debt-to-income ratio, credit score and the reason for your previous short sale will all be determining factors. Your best option is to have a candid discussion with a good lender. I recommend you speak with Tony Bellassai at 480.705.0199. He is excellent and will help you find a program that is good for you.

https://www.facebook.com/AnthonyBellassaiAMC